Desktop Support Technician I
Astrophysics Inc. Walnut, CA
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Desktop Support Technician I
Astrophysics Inc. is a leading global designer and manufacturer of X-Ray security inspection systems. Since 2002, we have dedicated ourselves to ensuring a safer world through advanced X-Ray screening and imaging technology. Our systems are deployed in critical infrastructure, aviation, and ports and borders sites in more than 150 countries. Hotels, prisons, courthouses, embassies, airports, military bases, and government buildings around the world depend on us for their safety and security. Astrophysics is an expanding, dynamic and fast-paced company looking for individuals who want to grow with us and be a part of a meaningful security mission. We currently have an immediate full-time position for a Desktop Support Technician I located in City of Industry, California.
The Desktop Support Technician 1 will provide technical assistance to end users in resolving issues in the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems (Windows and MAC).
- Able to configure desktop computers (Windows and MAC with encryption on laptops)
- Respond quickly to password reset requests
- Be available for emergencies
- Printer hardware and peripherals maintenance
- Be tech savvy with cell phones, troubleshoot them, setup Dropbox and SAAS applications
- Assist with programming Surface Pro’s and Mobile devices, hand held scanners
- Be familiar with configuring outlook
- Familiarity with troubleshooting networks, LAN (Local Area) Desktop connections
- Ability to solve basic IT needs within our facility
- Assist in the implementation of bar coding and labeling applications for a new ERP application
- Troubleshooting internet, WiFi, and programs on the computers
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing technical support (Windows platform)
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications; possess strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills; possess excellent time management skills;
- Highly desirable qualifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification Experience. A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge
Excellent benefit package including dental, vision and medical
401K plan with (up to 4% Employer Match.
11 Paid Holidays, 10 PTO Days, Free Donut Friday's, and Company Events!
Be part of a meaningful security mission with opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. Contact us to join the Astrophysics family today!
Please apply at: https://www.astrophysicsinc.com/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer
Astrophysics Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Astrophysics Inc. are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1(909) 598-5488 and ask for Human Resources. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
TechnologyView all jobs at Astrophysics Inc.