Are you a digital marketing practitioner that is obsessed with reaching customers? Astrohaus is looking for a Marketing Director that has experience growing brands and selling products direct to the consumer. This is a unique opportunity to join a small company with an established track record where you can have major impact from day 1.
As our Marketing Director you will be charged with creating a cohesive marketing strategy and thinking creatively about how to build a funnel that ultimately leads to more sales. You should be very comfortable with ideating and implementing digital marketing strategies. While maybe not an expert at every element of digital marketing (copywriting, graphic design, etc.), you know how to get things done by working with contractors or doing it yourself.
At Astrohaus, we sell DTC through our website (Shopify) and on Amazon. We also run crowdfunding campaigns for our new products.
- Lead all digital marketing efforts for the company
- Develop strong opinions through research and experimentation and argue dispassionately for them
- Manage outside agencies
- Report KPIs and be accountable
- Uphold brand quality and creative direction
- Own lead-gen, ecom store (getfreewrite.com), and future crowdfunding campaigns
- 5+ years building brands and selling products online as a direct contributor
- Independent thinker
- Experience hiring and managing contractors
- Must have startup experience
- Clear communicator
- Comfortable analyzing data and critically thinking
- Passionate about working with Astrohaus' community and products
- Proficient with digital marketing tools
You must truly love digital marketing and selling online. If you have the experience and are reading about the latest and greatest marketing techniques in your free time, this role is for you!
Astrohaus was founded in 2014 in Detroit with the launch of the Freewrite smart typewriter, a distraction-free writing tool for modern authors. Since then, customers in 50 countries have written 80+ million words on a Freewrite. With the addition of the Freewrite Traveler launched in October 2018 on Indiegogo, the Freewrite brand has become synonymous with high quality hardware and software for today’s creatives.
The company's business model takes advantage of crowdfunding to test and pre-sell new products. Freewrite's campaign raised $342k in 2015 and Traveler has raised over $750k to date.
Astrohaus is well-funded and strives to launch at least one new product a year to its community. Our mission is to invent unique, well-designed consumer products that make people's lives more productive and fulfilling.
Why Work Here?
Product driven, engineer led. Work with smart, hard-working people that also enjoy life.
Royal Oak, MI