- Posted: December 22, 2022
- $22 Hourly
Our Client is looking to bring-on an entry-level Microbiologist to their esteemed team of biological science professionals. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Microbiology and be ready to learn in a professional laboratory setting. This position is is a great opportunity for new graduates or those ready to enter the field of Microbiology. Our Client is hiring immediately. Don't delay, apply today!
This is a Contract-to-Hire Opportunity starting at $22.00 an hour.
- Tuesday - Saturday, 10:30am - 7pm
- Sunday - Thursday, 10:30am - 7pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, or Associates Degree in Biological Sciences with 1-year minimum relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- Basic computer and technical skills useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Planning skills to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within specified time.
- Analytical skills essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the microorganism.
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System
- Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
- Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample
- Record findings on worksheet for verification
- Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending
- Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required
- Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding
- Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client
- Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities
- Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Candidates must pass a background check and drug screening for this opportunity.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information
While the position you're applying for may not be for a government role, Astrix is a governmental contractor and, as such, is required to collect certain information in its applicants. Astrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Completion of these fields will not affect your opportunity for employment or the terms or conditions of your employment.
ScienceView all jobs at Astrix Technology
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?