- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Food Lab Technician
$22-24/hour – Rotating Shifts - Contract
Astrix Technology is seeking a Laboratory professional to join our client’s Food Product Development team in Plymouth, Minnesota. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Chemistry or Food Science with several years of frying experience in a food service setting.
- Schedule: 12-hour shifts: 6:00am - 6:00pm
- Work 2 days, 2 days off, work 3-day weekend, 2 days off, work 2 days, have 3-day weekend off. Does include holidays and weekends.
- Conduct frying tests per study plan and instructions
- Clean and maintain fry kitchen and storeroom facilities
- Blend edible fats and oils for frying study
- Document and conduct routine laboratory tests on food products and oils
- Assist food scientists with sensory evaluation and other delegated tasks.
- Collect test data
- Comply with strict safety rules and regulations
- Associate degree or above
- Ability to conduct routine tasks independently
- Ability to collect test data and prepare reports detailing results
- Document and maintain laboratory records and study documentation
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to lift 50 lb. routinely
- Ability to stand and conduct frying test for eight hours on daily basis
- BS in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field
- 2 years of frying experience in food service restaurant or industrial frying
Astrix provides scientists to a broad spectrum of scientific based industries including: Chemical, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Food Science, Flavors and Fragrances, Biomedical, Consumer Products, Environmental, Medical device, Petrochemical and Clinical Research.
Get fresh Food Lab Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.