- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our local partner is a clinical medical and diagnostic laboratory, providing quick and accurate test results. They pride themselves in providing accessible services to patients nationwide. They are seeking a Lab Technician who is seeking growth in a laboratory setting, to help support Covid-19 testing.
Shifts available: 1st Shift or Day Shift
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in specimen testing according to established procedures working under the technical oversight of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Establish patient identification on sample, submit samples for testing, and prepare and store reagents and culture media
- Perform RNA and DNA extraction from various specimen types per SOP guidelines
- Perform complex lab procedures, such as library prep for sequencing and PCR testing
- Pipette samples and reagents using calibrated and approved automatic syringes and dispensers
- Ensure that all specimens that are received are labeled and identified appropriately
- Perform accurate labeling, numbering, centrifuging, and preparing specimen aliquots
- Become familiar with tests, specimen requirements, collection, handling, transportation, and storage conditions within the laboratory
- Maintain documentation of communication with customers: physician’s offices, medical facilities, medical staff, and patients
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related life science
- Successfully manage tasks in fast paced environment
- Process and identify specimens
- Ability to work in a team environment
Astrix provides scientists to a broad spectrum of scientific based industries including: Chemical, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Food Science, Flavors and Fragrances, Biomedical, Consumer Products, Environmental, Medical device, Petrochemical and Clinical Research.
Get fresh Laboratory Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.