VP of Product, Factory Automation, Supply-Chain, and Logistics
Astra San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are Astra. Our mission is to launch a new generation of services to connect and improve life on earth. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to build things and relish the idea of a grand challenge.
We strive to deliver routine access to earth orbit for enterprises launching services powered by small satellites. Building on over a decade of technology development in rocket propulsion, structures, and avionics, we are applying an agile approach to space launch.
Our headquarters in Alameda, between San Francisco and Oakland, is a sprawling campus supporting full cycle spacecraft design, rocket production, and mission control.
Astra designs and builds a complete orbital launch system, including spacecraft, rockets, engines, stage structures, fluid systems, avionics, etc), mission control (flight cockpit, rocket simulator, etc.), and software for orchestrating factory automation and end-to-end supply chain. Astra manufactures its own rockets and components, and integrates, tests, and launches rockets and spacecraft at its facilities. Job title and leveling are flexible (e.g., Sr. Director or SVP), depending on candidate experience level.
The Product team utilizes its understanding of the business and user need to lead the company in formulating product vision and strategy, curating and delivering on a product roadmap, and leading cross-functional teams to build and launch commercially successful products and services.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
As VP of Product, Factory Automation, Supply-Chain, and Logistics, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and continually improving software and hardware automation/robotics for improving throughput, efficiency, visibility, and synchronization of factory production, upstream supply chain (demand planning, procurement, inventory management) and downstream logistics (e.g., rocket and spacecraft transportation/logistics, payload mating, etc.). You will partner intimately with the Engineering and Manufacturing counterparts to choreograph new product releases, balancing the complex trade-space between reliability, performance, material, labor, and operational costs.
You will be responsible for building a team of Product Managers for your products, and the subsystems that comprise them. You will attract, retain, and actively develop multi-talented and extremely dynamic product managers, with diverse backgrounds in manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics; aeronautics/astronautics; autonomous systems; enterprise software; connected electronic devices/IoT; mechanical and hydraulic hardware. You are passionate about the full spectrum of what we do. Gradually, you will develop a complete understanding of the complete launch system.
Why We Value You
- You have extensive experience as a product management executive at a digital-native hardware and/or software technology company. You have built large teams and scaled modern lean/agile product development systems.
- Alternatively, you have comparable experience as a business-savvy and customer-focused executive leading planning new product development for a modern aerospace, automotive, or telecommunications product.
- Either way, you are a multi-talented polymath capable of providing creative thought leadership around products involving a huge variety of interdependent mechanical, electronic hardware, and software systems. You quickly learn new businesses and technologies. You are a rocket scientist, figuratively if not literally.
- You are an energetic leader with excellent written and oral communication skills, high EQ, and low ego. You are open, honest, and direct. You are self-motivated and industrious.
- You are a great coach, and you take pride in actively teaching and developing your team members and peers.
- BS or MS/PhD in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Physics, Design, or similarly relevant discipline.
- 15+ years of product management experience
- Experience as product management leader in a selective, high-performing organization that develops complex hardware and software products.
- Expertise in industrial automation, enterprise software, autonomous systems, factory automation, aeronautics/astronautics, electric vehicles, fluid mechanics, etc. Preferred.
Salary and Benefits
We're competitive in compensation and offer equity as part of the package. We have great benefits that include health, vision, dental, and 401K in comparison to other startups. We offer hot lunch every day and there's plenty of snacks and drinks to get you through the day. We celebrate our accomplishments with quarterly off-sites and frequent happy hours.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant's status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
© Astra Space Inc. All rights reserved, Astra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Astra