Product Manager, Data Platform
Astra San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are Astra. Our mission is to launch a new generation of services to connect and improve life on Earth. We are a small, highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise who love to build things and relish the idea of a grand challenge.
We strive to deliver routine access to Earth orbit for enterprises launching services powered by small satellites. Building on over a decade of technology development in rocket propulsion, structures, and avionics, we are applying an agile approach to space launch.
Our headquarters in Alameda, between San Francisco and Oakland, is a sprawling campus supporting full cycle spacecraft design, rocket production, and mission control.
Astra designs and builds a complete orbital launch system, including spacecraft, rockets (engines, stage structures, fluid systems, avionics, etc), mission control, etc. Astra manufactures most of the components used to produce its rockets, and integrates, tests, and launches rockets and spacecraft at its facilities.
The Product team at Astra utilizes its understanding of the customer and the market to lead the company in formulating product vision and strategy, curating and delivering on a product roadmap, and leading cross-functional teams to build and launch commercially successful products and services.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
As a Product Manager, Data Platform, you will be responsible for driving strategy and roadmap for data platform, tools, and systems. You will oversee the lifecycle of how data is used in the organization.
You are passionate about the full spectrum of what we do. Gradually, you will develop a complete understanding of the complete launch system. Over time, you will likely take ownership of different products as we intentionally rotate and cross-train the team. Job title and leveling are flexible (e.g., Associate Product Manager, Product Manager, or Senior Product Manager, etc), depending on candidate experience level.
Why We Value You
- You have extensive experience as a product management leader at a best practice software technology company.
- You bring a basic understanding of databases, data lakes, data modeling, data governance, ETL/ELT, data streaming, SQL, etc.
- You are capable of building simple predictive analytical models. You have knowledge of probability and statistics and a conceptual understanding of most common data science and ML/AI models.
- You have a familiarity with business intelligence systems and proficiency with visual display of quantitative information.
- Either way, you are a multi-talented polymath capable of providing creative thought leadership around products involving a huge variety of interdependent mechanical, electronic hardware, and software systems. You quickly learn new businesses and technologies. You are a rocket scientist, figuratively if not literally.
- You are an energetic leader with excellent written and oral communication skills, high EQ, and low ego. You are open, honest, and direct. You are self-motivated and industrious.
- BS or MS/PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or similarly relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of product management experience in companies that develop complex hardware and software products.
- Expertise in fields such as aeronautics/astronautics, electric vehicles, industrial automation, enterprise software, autonomous systems, factory automation, fluid mechanics.
Salary and Benefits
We are competitive in compensation and offer equity as part of the package. We have really good benefits that include health, vision, dental, 401K in comparison to other startups. We offer hot lunch everyday and there's plenty of snacks and drinks to get you through the day. We celebrate our accomplishments with quarterly off-sites and frequent happy hours.
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant's status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
© Astra Space Inc. All rights reserved, Astra is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Astra