Are you tired of the time crunch that makes it increasingly difficult to spend the time with your patients that they deserve?
Do you enjoy the challenge of developing new and innovative ways of managing and preventing chronic disease?
Do the frustrations of poor access and costly healthcare have you seeking a more rewarding path in your career?
Astia Health is seeking an experienced and dedicated nurse practitioner to lead a clinical team within our employer health care solution. Our providers work in a setting that focuses on eliminating the escalating barriers of today’s traditional primary care environment. Astia prides itself on low patient to provider ratios, resulting in improved accessibility. By removing financial barriers and providing timely care, we are able to focus directly on population health. This makes our model personal and relationship driven, bringing the provider/patient experience back to what it was intended to be: a relationship built on trust. Each NP is surrounded by an outgoing and highly motivated clinical and administrative team committed to patient engagement and wellbeing. The successful candidate must be licensed in the state of Wisconsin. Preferred at least 1 years of direct patient care experience however we will consider new graduates with experience as an RN in family practice, urgent care or emergency room.
Astia Health is a progressive health care company committed to creating efficient, affordable, and innovative ways to partner with employer clients to improve employee health. Through strong engagement efforts and dedicated staff, Astia Health is on the leading edge of the new era of employer health solutions.
Nurse Practitioner Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitate new patient consultation and health history review
· Perform physical examinations and screenings of patients
· Order and administer tests including bloodwork
· Review and interpret test results
· Diagnoses health problems
· Detect changes in patient condition
· Administer medications
· Operate medical equipment
· Recommend further treatment options or future appointments if needed
· Provide referrals to other practitioners when necessary
· Provide after-care/ongoing care information and resources to patients and their families
· Ensure patient records are kept up to date including test results, immunizations, condition changes, etc.
· Consult with other healthcare professionals as needed
· Deliver quality, physician-level care while complying with company policies, safety regulations, and productivity metrics
Nurse Practitioner Requirements and Qualifications
· Master’s degree in nursing required
· Current state nurse practitioner license required
· 1+ years of Nurse Practitioner experience in an ER, Urgent Care or Family Practice setting preferred. However, we will consider new graduates.
· Strong knowledge base of HIPAA and OSHA required
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
· Patient, compassionate nature
· Ability to operate as part of a team, alongside physicians and other nurses
· Proficiency in medical instruments and equipment
· Must be familiar with the EHR medical charting system
· Proficiency in computer-based data management and information systems (e.g., Excel) is preferred but not required.
· Prescriptive authorization required including DEA licensure
· Disease prevention knowledge required
Nurse Practitioner Compensation & Benefits
· Astia Health offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid time off and the potential for an ownership interest in a growing company. Please send a Cover Letter and Resume including salary history and requirements when applying for this position.