Are you a leader that loves to motivate and develop others?
Are you a self-starter who is attentive to detail, trustworthy, and takes pride in workmanship?
If so, please apply for AstenJohnson's openings at our Appleton, WI facility. ________________________________________________________________________________________
AstenJohnson, founded in 1790, is a worldwide manufacturer of products that help to create many kinds of paper: from fine writing paper and brown paper bags to cardboard boxes and newsprint, in addition to being known as a leading global supplier of innovative products and technical solutions.
Prescription Drug Plan
Short & Long Term Insurance
Perfect Attendance Awards
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Wellness Programs =gift cards
401 (k) - $75/week company contribution
Employee Assistance Program
Holiday Pay (11 days)
Vacation Pay (2 weeks after 2 years of service
Production Team Leader position is responsible for promoting change and work in a team environment. This individual is also responsible for the safe and effective operation of the plant to accomplish manufacturing and strategic business objectives by applying Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Lead various process improvement initiatives and facilitate team meetings for associates.
- Understand customer quality standards and apply them to make daily decisions throughout the plant.
- Responsible for determining staffing levels and overtime needs to meet customer demands.
- Responsible for developing a staff of highly engaged employees; fostering associate involvement and leading a team of associates.
- Review and communicate performance standards to associates as often as necessary to ensure accountability and effective execution.
- Understanding and administering company and departmental policies consistently to ensure compliance.
- Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, coaching and honest feedback through coaching meetings, Development reviews, Performance reviews and informal coaching.
- Carry out progressive discipline and documentation with the support of the Manufacturing Manager and HR.
- Responsible for preparation of work schedules processing necessary paperwork, reviewing and approving attendance in both Kronos and on associates' timesheets and update as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance, repairs and other facility needs with assistance of the Maintenance Team Leader and maintenance staff.
Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate and develop staff. Ability to learn, understand, and lead complex operations.
Demonstrated knowledge of the forming manufacturing process. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
Proficiency with personal computer and office software, JD Edwards a plus.
Demonstrated accuracy and problem solving skills within a manufacturing environment. Previous Union experiences a plus.
Demonstrated ability to understand lean manufacturing concepts and blitz experience.
Promote safety and good housekeeping practices.
Positive attitude and team player mentality.
Must be a self-starter who is accurate, precise, and takes pride in their workmanship.
Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Bachelor's degree is preferred. 3-5 years of Supervisory experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Ability to work in a typical office environment involving exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials and air conditioning. Ability to sit and/or stand for 8 hours per day. Ability to type at a computer for 8 hours per day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Posted by ApplicantPro