Machine Operator - 12 Hour Nights
AstenJohnson Williston, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AstenJohnson, founded in 1790, is a worldwide manufacturer of products that help to create many kinds of paper: From fine writing paper and brown paper bags to cardboard boxes and newsprint, in addition to being known as a leading global supplier of innovative products and technical solutions.
AstenJohnson is looking to add a Machine Operator at our Williston, VT facility. The shift for this position is either Sun, Mon Tues, every other Sat 7pm-7am or Wed, Thurs, Fri, every other Sat 7pm-7am.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
Operate a production line to produce high quality monofilament fibers. Work as part of a shift to safely maintain maximum production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Operate and set up production line to extrude monofilament fiber
- Start up a production line in accordance with work order
- Set up sheets and documented procedures
- Set and adjust various temperatures and speed control
- Operate scrap station
- Put line on spools and make change overs
- Ensure filament is winding on spools correctly, adjust tension if necessary
- Make all changes to machines as required by Quality Assurance
- Box finished product and rack empty spools
- Record production related information in log book
- Maintain various machine related charts
- Record daily entries in OEE Spreadsheet
- Clean machines and maintain production area
- Trouble-shoot machine when product does not meet specifications
- Perform additional tasks at the request of hte Hourly Team Leaders and Manufacturing Coordinators
Ability or read, write, communicate and comprehend written and verbal instructions in English
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and basic Math
Positive attitude and team player
Ability to problem solve
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- 1+ Years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Familiarization / experience / certifications with Lean Sigma concepts
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Bending, stooping, and lifting 55 pounds daily is required. Standing, walking for 10+ hours of shift is required. Candidate will be exposed to noise, warm temperatures and industrial equipment. Candidate must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision plans
- Basic life insurance and AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) (with match for eligible associates)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holidays and Vacation Pay
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at AstenJohnson