Dynamics AX Programmer/Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Programmer Analyst is part of the Corporate Information Technology team at Astec Industries, Inc. Reporting to the ERP Manager – Dynamics AX, this key position will gather requirements, design, build, and support a customized ERP as well as other critical systems that are used in the daily operation of the business. This is a hybrid role defined as 50% Business Analyst and 50% Programmer. This ratio can change with the requirements of the business. The Programmer Analyst will be relied upon to 1) assist with troubleshooting of and improvements to the ERP and any data conversions, 2) manage the SQL databases and Report Server. This position can be remote for the candidate possessing the stated job knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
- Support the data conversion and implementation of new ERP software (currently AX 2012 R2 ~ moving towards Oracle)
- Provide / maintain SSRS reports and Microsoft SQL server – administer SQL databases and be proficient in writing SQL queries.
- Develop an understanding of all business processes and functions (including sales, production scheduling, manufacturing, order fulfillment and inventory control) and the IT systems and applications that support those business functions.
- Analyze, develop, implement, and maintain new processes, procedures, and reporting data to support the business in driving efficiency and strategic decision making.
- Collaborate with Astec IT team to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues within Dynamics AX or other systems.
- Evaluate business data to identify areas for improvement and partner with leadership to implement solutions.
- Strict adherence to corporate IT SOPs, including change management.
- Maintain effective communication with leaders and team members.
- Provide exceptional customer service for reported application issues – researching and identifying problems and working with IT and business towards a quick and appropriate resolution.
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- 2 – 5 years’ minimum experience with Dynamics AX 2012 R2 in a development type role
- Basic understanding of business practices, including accounting, procurement, sales, and production cycles.
- Bachelors' degree in computer science, information systems, OR comparable experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in SQL.
- Must be proficient in Dynamics AX security development.
- Must have experience with MS SQL Management Studio and SSRS Tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience at a publicly traded company and SOX compliance is preferred.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Must be able to solve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work satisfactorily as a team member.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is required.
TechnologyView all jobs at Astec