C I Design Engineer - Crushing Equipment
- Posted: over a month ago
BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, the job of the Design Engineer is responsible for design efforts from inception through production in new product development or existing product design. Design Engineers can be asked to travel to develop business relationships with customers, dealers, and suppliers. They may also participate in product focus groups to gain critical customer application and design suggestions to assist in the development of the product lines.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Design Engineer is responsible for completing well defined projects including custom designed products, product quality improvement, and technical support for customer service and procurement. This Engineer will focus on crushing equipment for the aggregate industry such as jaw, cone and impact crushers. The preferred site location is Mequon WI, Yankton SD, or Eugene OR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include but not limited to)
- Quality Improvement Team (QIT) projects using D8 process
- Lead cost reduction efforts to add equipment value for our customers
- Equipment product improvements
- Engineered to order job assignments
- Assist Service with product support technical issues
- Aid procurement with supply chain issues
- Implement Safety evaluations and improvements to the product line
- Create, check, and maintain thorough engineering specifications and drawings
- Manage engineering changes per establish company procedures
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering
- Technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for heavy construction equipment
- Experience working with engineering-type software programs such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo, or any 3-D solid modeling engineering software.
- Proficiency with personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Knowledge and experience using finite element analysis (FEA) for mechanical and structural components.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in equipment design and manufacturing (mechanical, structural, hydraulic, and electrical/control system design)
TechnologyView all jobs at Astec
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?