- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BUILT TO CONNECT
Astec is a global, environmentally focused infrastructure and manufacturing company of asphalt road building and aggregate processing. Our mission is to design and build the most innovative products for the industries we serve. Leveraging innovative solutions and technologies, we serve customers all over the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Under direct supervision, this position will work on carrying out tasks impacting the general ledger. The position will be exposed to journal entries and post transaction activity including intercompany transactions as well as reconcile the general ledger accounts. Work may include: data trends regarding costs, revenues, commitments, and obligations to develop future budgets. Assisting with management reports of the organization’s finances and supports supervisors in developing the balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. This position requires an understanding of accounting policies and procedures in order to assist in maintaining financial records and ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded. Will work on day to day accounting activities and month-end close activities by applying practical knowledge of the function typically obtained through education and/or work experience.
- Prepare and process journal entries
- Post and reconcile transaction activity including intercompany transactions
- Prepare and communicate intercompany allocations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Help analyze financial reports (i.e. balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports)
- Assist in preparing and developing financial reports
- Escalate business questions to supervisory level
- Understand the accounting function, key policies, and standard operating procedures
- Build effective relationships with internal parties to develop solutions and resolve issues collectively
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Prepare and process journal entries and obtain approval from supervisor
- Prepare intercompany allocation journal entries and distribute to business units; reconcile activity to ensure all entries are appropriately posted globally
- Perform month-end close activities and achieve calendar close goals
- Prepare / generate financial reports and provide supporting documentation to supervisor when creating balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements
- Post and reconcile transactions and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Analyze financial reports to develop an understanding of current costs, revenues, and financial commitments. Use this information to predict and forecast future financial impacts
To be successful in this role, your experience and competencies are:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1 – 4 year’s experience in accounting or finance preferred
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applications of accounting principles preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software with emphasis on excel skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast paced and multi-task environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on customary and regular basis.
- The individual should be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks and be able to change directions when necessary while working within tight deadlines.
- The individual should demonstrate dependability and have a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Astec does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color,
religion, gender (sex), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
age, disability, citizenship status, a person’s veteran status or any other characteristic protected
by law or executive order.
Today Astec Industries, Inc. manufactures more than 100 products from rock crushing and screening plants to hot mix asphalt (HMA) facilities, concrete plants, milling machines, asphalt pavers, and material transfer vehicles.
Astec's goal is to design, manufacture and provide the most innovative, productive and reliable equipment for the industries we serve, Rock to Road, coupled with unparalleled customer service, training, education and support. No other company in the world competes with Astec in all or even most of its product lines. Astec’s innovative products have led to a continuous stream of new patents and are in ever increasing demand. The Astec brands have become leaders in their respective markets by giving Astec customers the means to be more productive and profitable.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Astec Industries
Get fresh Global Manufacturing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.