Facilities Maintenance Mechanic - Day Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Maintenance Mechanic will have skills in general building and grounds maintenance as well as performing maintenance and repairs on equipment. Responsibilities and skills in but not limited to; ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems, focus on problem-solving issues, set-up equipment, make repairs, predict failure/preventative maintenance, troubleshoot control and power electrical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics; remove and replace motors, starters, relays, limit switches, fuses primary control components, etc.
Our Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Level 1 earns a starting salary of $20.24 per hour, depending on experience, with a scale of a starting salary of $26.83 for a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Level 3. Our Day Shift hours are Monday-Friday 5:00am-3:30pm
What You'll Do:
• Maintains all forklifts, performing routine service work weekly, repairs, and maintenance as needed.
• Checks all cranes, chains, slings, and hooks as scheduled. Maintains or replaces/repairs cranes, chains, slings, and hooks as needed. Documents inspection and any maintenance.
• Checks all ladders as scheduled. Documents inspection and any maintenance.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions and recommends corrective actions.
• Maintains scissor-lift and knuckle boom equipment.
• Maintains all ironworkers, drill presses, welders, saws, etc. Documents inspections and any maintenance.
• Performs preventive maintenance on facilities as scheduled or instructed.
• Performs minor repairs on mechanical and/or plumbing systems in the plant. Coordinates any electrical repairs with the Electrician.
• Welding and cutting for S-3.
• Responsible for keeping fire extinguisher and electrical panel areas, as well as doorways and designated walkways clear.
• Must be available to be called back to duty in the event of required emergency repairs for other shifts, including evenings and/or weekends.
• Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for facilities, but not limited to, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades work.
• Ensures that facilities and grounds are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
• Responsible for observing and following all safety procedures and regulations.
• Miscellaneous other duties as directed by Department or Shift Lead.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
● Health, Dental, Vision- Day 1 Eligibility
● Life, and Spousal Insurance
● Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
● Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
● 401(k) with Company Match
● Employee Wellness Programs, Tuition Aid, and Employee Assistance
What We Need from You:
● High School diploma or GED
● Minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic within a heavy manufacturing plant or demonstrated experience working with steel through on-the-job training or education
● Experience reading, understanding, interpreting, troubleshooting, and problem-solving mechanical and electrical challenges.
● Experience with repairing CNC machine centers, lathes, press brakes, plasma burn tables, forklifts, scissor lifts, knuckle boom, cranes (overhead & jib), slings, chains ironworkers, drill presses, welders, saws, or similar equipment.
● Layout, drilling, welding, and cutting experience required for S-3.
● Ability to apply concepts such as basic math skills, fractions, micrometers, percentages, ratios, proportions to practical situations, and able to convert decimals into inches.
● Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure, blueprints, and bills of material (BOM’s).
● Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
Text “ASTEC” to 25000 to Apply!!
ASTEC is a Drug Free Workplace, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Real EstateView all jobs at Astec Industries