Are you looking to never live through another tax season? Have you ever considered yourself wanting to work in a position that allows you to use your accounting experience on work that really matters? Do you love helping people and want more fulfillment in the work you are doing? I need someone to help support our rapidly growing firm.
If you are interested in being part of a fast-growing firm committed to thinking outside of the box, solving client solutions, and helping us be an innovative firm of the future, keep reading.
You need to have...
....Have a passion for working with Small Business Owners. You are committed to finding the best solutions to the problems to keep costs low and quality high; so that our clients can keep their focus on what really matters -THEIR MISSION.
....Passion for creating a culture of respect and hardwork. You refuse to accept someone not pulling their weight on the team or failing to deliver their best to our clients.
....Enjoy working with clients. You refuse to be bitter with clients and their requests because you recognize they have problems and they hire US to find the solutions.
....You are okay with requesting and discussing financial information with clients.
....You don't have to know everything you are going to be assigned. You do have to be committed to researching, being resourceful, asking questions, and anything else to FIND THE ANSWER.
....You need to value generosity and be willing to put in whatever it takes to get the job done. In accounting and their operational practices.
Assured Tax and Accounting was founded in an effort to offer accounting and thought leadership skills to small business owners. Assured Tax & Accounting began after realizing the need for specialized skill with limited financial resources and increasing pressure to keep costs low. We started local in Meridian, Idaho and have now expanded nationwide. We continue to be a rapidly growing firm of the future and looking to add the best talent to our team. We want team members that are just as passionate about them as we are.
The staff accountant encompasses several different roles internally and externally.He/She will oversee and handle the day to day operations of small business owners. Advanced accounting knowledge, technology savviness and experience working with small businesses are a necessity. True success comes from a successful team. Experience working with a team in a modern office is required. Must be tech savvy and willing to invest time and energy into developing the best accounting processes, and providing the best service to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department heads
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system
- Analyze and verify information by creating spreadsheet reports
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses and assigning account numbers when needed
- Request disbursements and reconcile accounts
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; convert data to general ledger system; obtain supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, continued education, participating in professional organizations, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Vendor and customer reconciliations experience
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Quickbooks Certified along with experience in other cloud accounting apps(like Bill.com and Receipt bank), preferred.
· Must be local to Meridian, ID or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance may be offered to ideal candidate.
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply!
How to apply;
Please paste the below link in your browser to submit a resume and complete pre-interview questions.