*Assurant is now seeking a Manager of Hazard Operations for the Florence, SC location*
The Manager, Hazard Operations I plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the delivery of services in the area of hazard outsourcing at a remote service center. Responsible for maintaining client relations as it relates to outsourcing. Manages a single client or a single unit and provides leadership to a large number of associates.
* Works closely with senior management in developing short and long-term goals that are strategically aligned with the organization's focus and vision.
* Develops, secures approval of, and administers, an operating budget for area(s) of responsibility. Ensures all area(s) of responsibility's projections and actual expenses meet budgeted objectives.
* Formulates policy for area(s) of responsibility and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policy. Manages and provides leadership to supervisory staff to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective levels of service.
* Actively participates in the hiring process for new team members. Assesses the short and long-term human resource needs of the organization; while collaborating with Human Resources to attract and retain talented team members. Makes authoritative recommendations in such matters of discipline and terminations within area(s) of responsibility. Partners with Trainers to develop function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates area(s) of responsibility according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance program for area(s) of responsibility. Ensures compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
* Fosters the development and learning of supervisors. Communicates clearly defined and concise expectations, giving appropriate feedback, coaching, and developmental opportunities.
* Interfaces with local vendors to ensure that all Mail Services equipment is well maintained, operating safely and appropriately for maximum performance and efficiency. Negotiates with outside vendors to obtain competitive pricing and services.
* Creates and nurtures an ongoing relationship with the client liaison to ensure their needs are met and contractual obligations are being fulfilled.
* Ensures area(s) of responsibility have the necessary work space, equipment, and supplies to effectively perform their job functions.
* Participates on committees and in programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery, etc. Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
* Develops and cultivates a strong working relationship with other functional areas within the Center. Understanding their goals and objectives while balancing the priorities of all parties involved in order to meet the business objectives.
* Receives and investigates all complaints concerning area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
* Facilitates and participates in regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls with the client. These calls are designed to obtain comments on the performance of the Center and to provide an opportunity to implement any necessary procedure changes.
* Remains abreast of developments in the field of hazard insurance, hazard insurance outsourcing, and mail services by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, etc. Incorporates advancements when practical and cost effective.
* Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained Takes corrective action as necessary.
Required Skills/ Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business) or equivalent work experience
* Three plus years of progressively more responsible experience in management, preferably with expertise in workflow management and mail services.
* Mortgage servicing or hazard insurance processing is desirable.
* Experience in managing large numbers of associates.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* An understanding of human resource policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of legacy servicing systems such as Alltel or MortgageServ and client specific policies and procedures.
* General knowledge of mortgage servicing and regulatory and compliance procedures.
* Overall business and financial knowledge as it relates to budgeting and operating a remote service center.
**Title:** *Manager, Hazard Operations I*
**Requisition ID:** *56486*