Who we are:
The technology division of AAMC is a vibrant community of people who are excited about making a positive impact in the world of healthcare. The AAMC is dedicated to improving the health of the nation by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. Our work in technology assists medical students, teaching institutions, hospitals and doctors to strengthen medical care and improve the health of all.
- Significant employer 403(b) contribution
- Public transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
Why us, why now?
AAMC is taking an exciting path to digital modernization which will have a significant impact to the growth and success of the organization. As a Lead Cloud Engineer, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by analyzing and translating business and technical requirements into a cloud architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve organizational objectives.
You will be responsible for the Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline set up in AWS, development tools configuration, scripting, auto-scaling and provisioning, as well as integrations with on-prem systems, vendors, third parties and SaaS providers.
How will you make an impact?
- Create AWS CloudFormation templates for services and applications architectures.
- Perform cloud migrations.
- Continuous support of the CI/CD pipeline in AWS
- Define and set up required monitoring, logging, alerts and audits controls necessary for operations and transition to L2 team for support.
- Automate configuration of servers and services.
- Automate how servers are configured, deployed and managed across hybrid environments.
- Automate manual processes as much possible.
- Responsible for designing and building evaluation environments and labs
- Research and evaluate new technologies, network topology, cloud offerings and solutions
- Conduct includes market analysis, capabilities comparison, pilots , document and present findings and recommendations
- Provide best practice recommendations and guidance for use of the cloud
- Take the lead on technical escalations and drive incidents/problems until resolution That involves virtualization, automation, networking, cloud infrastructure, security and integration with 3rd party products
- Create architecture documents, requirements, network designs, roadmaps, technology maintenance/upgrade lifecycle, execution plans, monitoring and health checks validations, recovery plan, roll back plans, DR solutions
- Lead/coordinate system changes and upgrades
- Lead performance and load testing efforts.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Five or more years hands-on experience with CloudFormation, CloudWatch, OpsWorks, CloudTrail, AWS Config and Service Catalog, and Control Tower.
- Experience supporting a large portfolio of cloud-based apps
- Strong experience with AWS IAM and cloud exchange hybrid deployments
- Experience integrating Splunk and Fastly CDN
- Experience setting up and integrating CI/CD tools.
- Strong Knowledge around API’s.
- Strong in Linux.
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices.
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.