Part-Time Operations and Education Coordinator
Association Management Center Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
AMC seeks a part-time, (20 hours per week) Operations and Education Coordinator to join our team. The Operations and Education Coordinator is responsible for the general support of our client, American College of Academic Addiction Medicine (ACAAM) and will serve as a primary support for a variety of ongoing operations, projects, products, and educational offerings.
The mission of ACAAM is to promote academic excellence and leadership in addiction medicine. ACAAM’s primary audience consists of the faculty directors of addiction medicine fellowship programs around the country and Canada, as well as graduating fellows from these programs.
The Operations and Education Coordinator will work in a collaborative team environment with responsibilities including the support of volunteer management, product development, online learning opportunities, coordination of continuing education processes, and grant support.
- Work with designated client activities and committees.
- Coordinate activities and projects of board-appointed committees and task forces.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Association Management Software MemberClicks, survey platforms, abstract management, mobile app, ACAAM reporting and online community software.
- Plan and execute virtual education sessions and events in collaboration with senior staff.
- Provide support for events including speakers/faculty management and evaluation coordination.
- Support volunteers and senior staff in the tracking and management of grant-funded programs.
- Execute website updates and blast e-mails as needed.
- Support committee work by scheduling calls, distributing agendas, taking and preparing minutes, tracking action items, etc.
- Create activity summaries for all CME activities for compliance with accreditation providers.
- File CME, conference, and other paperwork in accordance with accreditation provider guidelines.
- Support the senior staff with volunteer management, including orientation materials, recruitment, and identification of professional development activities.
- Travel to annual client conferences and participate in on-site activities.
- Provide general governance support for the Board of Directors and committees.
- Serve as the primary staff contact for Member Services.
- Collect, organize and code Accounts Payable, collect receipts, process expense reports and check requests. Identify and investigate any issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an office environment in an administrative or related capacity.
- Previous work experience with boards or committees and/or for an association or nonprofit in an education or volunteer engagement role (e.g. healthcare, specialty society, fraternity/sorority) is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professionalism: sound judgment, ability to interact with all levels of staff and volunteers
- Customer service attitude and skills: team player attitude, commitment, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, listening, comprehension, initiative, cooperation, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, database management, website and social media management.
- Ability to travel offsite up to 2 times per year.
Association Management Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team in which all employees are welcomed, valued and respected for their individual strengths, perspectives, and contributions.
Disclaimer The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.