- Posted: over a month ago
HYBRID SCHEDULE AVAILABLE
Association Headquarters is searching for an Executive Director to support our valued client partner. The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer of the association under the direction of its officers and board leaders. The Executive Director is responsible for the effective conduct of the affairs of the association and assists the officers and the board leaders in the formulation of the association's mission, goals, and objectives. Infrequent consultation with the Association President, the Executive Director plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the staff, programs, and activities and is responsible for its fiscal management and staffing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that Association has proper governing and legal documents
- Responsible for association operating in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (State and Federal laws, Articles and bylaws, etc.)
- Follows AH's published best practices with respect to articles of incorporation, annual incorporation filings, and Bylaw compliance)
- Follows AH's best practices in leading assigned organization to create a Strategic Plan and update it regularly
- Oversee implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Lead Board to maintain a strategic focus
Risk Management and Insurance Coverage
- Ensures that assigned organization has appropriate coverage for all programs and performs a regular review to confirm that it is maintained.
- Oversees proper filings related to copyrights and/or trademarks in order to properly protect assigned organization's intellectual property
Governance and Leadership Development
- Effectively lead Board and Committee structures that align with an organization's strategic plan
- Oversee creation and consistent delivery of Board orientations
- Facilitate creation and documentation of an effective Leadership Development program in conjunction with Board so that a constant pipeline of emerging leaders is created and maintained
- Create and maintain a nomination process that aligns with the strategic goals and focus of the organization
- Identify skill gaps
- Oversee proper voting process
- Oversee a consistent Board self-assessment process
- Execute and maintain required volunteer governance forms (anti-trust, confidentiality, conflict of interest, whistleblower, etc.)
- Develop, present and manage the organization within an annual budget
- Oversee effective financial reporting to the Board and relevant committees, proactively alert Board to any significant variances
- Create and maintain an investment policy statement and all related reporting
- Oversee an annual audit by an outside accounting firm
- Conduct annual partnership survey and work with AH's CERO and client partner Board to respond to any reported concerns
- Review client contract with all team members on a regular basis
- Follow all document retention policies
- Follow all file structure policies
- Oversee all events and conferences
- Maintain an awareness of online educational options, virtual meeting options
- Maintain an understanding of all market segments and stakeholders
- Lead conversations with Volunteer leaders to document membership trends and perform the necessary analysis
- Facilitate regular membership surveys to maintain an understanding of member experiences and identify opportunities for new products and/or services to add value to members
- Create and maintain relevant privacy policies
- Perform timely annual performance reviews, conduct an annual review of each team member's job description
- Proactively focus on succession planning for each role on the team
- Maintain an organizational chart
- Support professional development of each team member, identify relevant training programs or specialized skill development programs
Image, Brand Management
- Create and maintain documented policies related to use of logo
- Oversee adequate PR and Media training for Volunteer Leaders Maintain relevant style manuals and enforce usage so that brand awareness and consistency is achieved
Education, Experience and Required Proficiencies
Bachelor's degree required or a minimum of ten years related industry experience; CAE preferred.
In accordance with Association Headquarters' commitment to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known and preventable hazards to safeguard the health of employees and their families, clients, and affiliates, all employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved (i.e.: serious health risks or sincere religious beliefs). Such accommodations will be granted where they do not cause AH undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
To be considered for this position, the online application must be submitted, along with an updated resume. All applicable fields on the application are required.
AH utilizes Spark Hire, a video interview software, to gain better insight on our candidates. Please use the below link to submit your video interview for review.
Executive Director - Spark Hire Interview
AH is a professional services firm that specializes in helping non-profit organizations achieve their mission, create value, and advance their causes, industries, and professions. We have four main divisions within AH - a full-service Association Management Company; a Marketing and Communications Agency (MarCom); a Meetings & Events Management Team; and a division that focuses on other custom solutions such as strategic planning, website builds, database integrations, accounting services, staff recruitment, credentialing management, public affairs and lobbying, and growing non-dues revenue.
For more information, visit associationheadquarters.com, connect with AH on Facebook on YouTube and follow on Twitter.
Association Headquarters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), family status, marital/civil union status, religion, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability (including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status) , language, national origin, political affiliation, socio-economic status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Voluntary Life Insurance - Employee Paid
- AFLAC available
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Basic life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
Other Benefits of Working at AH:
- Named Best Place to Work by Philadelphia Business Journal 9 Times - based on a survey conducted of our employees
- Industry Leader - Most credentialed AMC, and the first AMC to be Customer Service Certified by the Customer Service Institute of America
- Flex Schedules
- On-site fitness center, open 24/7
- Gym reimbursement program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and Development opportunities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Association Headquarters
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?