Associates in Ophthalmology (AIO) is a well-established multi-specialty independent physician owned practice committed to excellence, since its establishment in 1899. Headquartered in West Mifflin, AIO adds to the patient experience by seeing patients at all of our 11 locations across the region. AIO is the parent company for the Associate Surgery Centers (ASC), where 95% of eye surgeries are performed in-house.
Everyone at AIO and ASC excels at providing and expanding quality eye care in a comfortable, caring and cost-effective environment. We will treat our patients as we would our families. We will strive to reach our maximum potential individually and collectively.
AIO and ASC are committed to ensuring the best possible patient and staff experience.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, the Ophthalmic Technician ensures the best possible patient experience through hands-on patient care. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtaining patient histories (chief complaint; present history; family history; history of allergies and medications),
- Perform accurate ophthalmic procedures and testing,
- Maintain patient room and inventory of all patient care supplies,
- Communicates with flow coordinator to facilitate proper patient flow, and
- EMR administration and documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of similar experience within an ophthalmology practice is preferred,
- High school diploma or equivalent is required,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Must be proficient with Windows-based applications.
- Prior experience in a similar position within a surgery scheduling environment,
- 1-2 years of solid experience as an ophthalmic technician,
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification.
Perks and Benefits:
- Health and dental insurance,
- Life, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurances,
- Short and Long Term Disability,
- 401k with employer match,
- PTO and Holiday Pay.
AIO is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.