Medical Billing & AR Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Associates in Ophthalmology (AIO) is a well-established multi-specialty independent physician owned practice committed to excellence, since its establishment in 1899. Headquartered in West Mifflin, AIO adds to the patient experience by seeing patients at all of our 8 locations across the region.
Everyone at AIO excels at providing and expanding quality eye care in a comfortable, caring and cost-effective environment. We will treat our patients as we would our families. We will strive to reach our maximum potential individually and collectively.
AIO is committed to ensuring the best possible patient and staff experience.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the charge entry specialist will be responsible for effectively reconciling charges and payments, accepting and processing charges submitted by providers accurately on a daily basis along with working on assigned accounts receivable. . These tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reconcile charge bills with charts to ensure all charges are captured
- Review medical policies to ensure charges have been entered with correct diagnosis to support medical necessity per insurance carrier.
- Ensure appropriate documentation has been noted to support charges. Review medical policies to ensure charges have been entered with correct diagnosis to support medical necessity per insurance carrier.
- Effectively communicates with other departments and patients to request information, as well as to review issues, concerns effecting reimbursement.
- Verify insurance and patient demographic information has been entered correctly and if applicable referral and or authorization have been obtained from PCP and or insurance company.
- Access insurance websites if needed to obtain patient insurance information.
- Bill claims to insurance in a timely and accurate manor
- Review charges at end of day to make sure charges and or diagnosis have been entered correctly.
- Reconcile all transactions for days end and print appropriate reports.
- Post any payments collected from office in a timely and accurate manor.
- Establish possible payment plan with patient if appropriate and agreeable.
- Work with insurance carrier to provide information and if needed correct and re-bill claim in order to get claim paid.
- Adheres to organizational policy with particular attention to standards of conduct and to confidentiality as it relates to HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned by management, as well as current duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in medical office; insurance and credentialing experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to learn
- Must be proficient with Windows-based applications.
Perks and Benefits:
- Health and dental insurance,
- Life, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurances,
- Short and Long Term Disability,
- PTO and Holiday Pay.
AIO is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Associates in Ophthalmology
AddressWest Mifflin, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at Associates in Ophthalmology