Industry leader Orthman Manufacturing in Lexington NE is seeking a Weld Production Manager to join their team! This position will have a significant immediate impact on the organizational success. As Weld Production Manager, you will apply your strong knowledge of welding and metal fabrication to design, resize or modify equipment and components for manufacturing while working closely with business unit sales groups, customers, production floor team members and other personnel.
- Compel steadfast adherence to safety, environmental and health standards.
- Identify production schedule requirements and communicate them to team members.
- Prioritize tasks, coordinate resources and assign workloads so that productivity is maximized.
- Conduct regular audits of welder performance, equipment and weld fixture conditions.
- Train or arrange training for team members in interpreting drawings, reading production orders, and in using equipment properly.
- Set individual performance and development objectives, coach and develop subordinates, evaluate and communicate progress, and discipline and reward effectively.
- Continuously develop and implement productivity improvements in work processes, production methods, and equipment performance.
- 5 – 10 years previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
- Expertise in all aspects of metal fabrication production welding and processes.
- Familiarity with parts, part numbers, shop orders, shop prints, and in using computers to generate information from ERP data.
- Ability to teach, train and mentor new and existing employees.
- Successful previous experience in applying Lean methodologies to production processes.
- Great base salary
- Full medical benefits
- Relocation package (if necessary)
- Great Schedule - Day Shift
- Excellent company culture and work environment
To apply, email your resume to Joal Sochor, Professional Division Manager, at joals @associated-staffing.com today!