Bitter Lake Community Center's Preschool Program is seeking a dynamic and engaging Preschool Lead Teacher.
Bitter Lake's Licensed Preschool provides an enriching, fun, child-centered program for children aged three to five. Our goal is to nurture the emotional, social, physical, and academic growth of children by providing hands-on experiences in the classroom and outdoors.
Starting Pay Rate: $17.00 hourly DOE/non-exempt with benefits
- School-year: Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Summer: Monday – Friday from 9:15am - 1:15pm
- Schedule/hours subject to change based on program needs, including during the summer months
- Support lesson plans and curriculum created by Preschool Director
- Communicate effectively with parents of preschoolers
- Assist with set-up and take-down of activities, etc.
- Guide the social/emotional learning of our preschoolers
- Other duties as assigned by the Preschool Director
- One to two years experience working with this age group in a preschool setting
- At least 20 college credits of Early Childhood Education courses
- Previous experience developing hands-on programs and activities, which includes visual and creative arts
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications, or willingness to obtain
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
- Must sign up for direct deposit with either checking or savings account
This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position.