Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
The primary function of a maintenance technician is to perform preventive and predictive maintenance, repair machinery and equipment to manufactures original standards. Answer trouble calls to support the goals of the production and support departments and review and complete projects supporting Plant requirements.
- Analysis and repair of Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Tool usage. Must be proficient in the selection use and safe handling of hand tools, measuring devices and instruments, power tools, machining and cutting tools, equipment and machinery.
- Math. Must have basic working knowledge in including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole and fractional numbers including decimals. Some use of geometry and trig may be required.
- Troubleshoot and repair all CNC and pneumatic equipment on production lines, vinyl and glass.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic computer issues.
- Projects, including but not limited to cutting and welding metal, following a print or designing your own
- Working knowledge of PCL's.
- Support role in investigations, accident, process improvement
- Run conduit and wire for electric drops.
- Cut, thread and run black pipe for all pneumatics.
- Troubleshoot and repair dock locks and dock doors.
- Repair minor problems on towmotors.
- Maintain lighting inside building (fixtures and bulbs).
- High School Diploma or GED required. With some college preferred.
- 5-6 years experience preferred in maintenance technician.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com