Oversee and perform repairs on all warehouse equipment such as: doors and dock boards, warehouse racks, floors, sprinkler system, conveyor system, and help perform shop maintenance repair. Also perform necessary repairs on other equipment vital to the operation of the warehouse (i.e. miscellaneous lawn and sanitation equipment.) Oversee building area, maintenance employees, and work in progress to ensure all work performed is conducted in a safe and efficient manner. Make sure building area and equipment are kept clean and all parts are properly stocked.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Repair all building doors in Returns, Dry Grocery and Perishable Shipping and Receiving
- Repair and adjust all warehouse product racks.
- Repair all cracks in walls and floors.
- Repair and help maintain all conveyor systems in the HBC, Tobacco and Candy departments.
- Repair broken furniture, plumbing, and dock boards.
- Oversee building employees with work in progress and troubleshoot problems around warehouse; make certain the building cage area is kept clean and safe and all parts are stocked in their proper place.
- Take inventory of maintenance spare parts and adjust in eMaint.
- Communicate any safety issues to operations utilizing email.
- Train all employees on SOP’s.
- Insure that all building employee vacations are covered by other mechanics.
Directly supervises up to six employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
Valid Louisiana’s driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of hydraulics
- Working knowledge of building (electrical) wiring (voltages, phases)
- Working knowledge of welding/cutting tools
- Working knowledge of normal shop equipment and hand tools
- Working knowledge of all warehouse and building equipment