To start as soon as possible we are seeking an experienced Medical Office Assistant to join our Endocrinology team. This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The Medical Office Assistant position is critical to the effective functioning of the Endocrinology office. They provide patients appropriate and timely appointments with their doctor and ensure efficient and professional running of the office on a daily basis. The position requires excellent administrative skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule/confirm/cancel patient appointments
- Maintain confidential electronic medical files
- Perform general clerical work
- Prepare statements and daily billing
- Follow established office procedures and routines
- Ensure patient exam rooms are organized and tidy after each patient.
- Prepare exam room linens for laundry.
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail especially when entering information into EMR system
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to work effectively with others in a fast-pace healthcare delivery environment
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in the use of computers including MS Office
Experience and Education:
- 4+ years medical office experience
- Experience with Accuro EMR would be considered an asset
- High school diploma and completion of 2-year college program or other specialized related medical courses (Medical Office Assistant Program)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Please note: While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.