Caregiver CNA Full Time
Assisting Hands of West Orange Orlando, FL
- Posted: 22 days ago
This position provides custodial and personal care services to clients that contract with Assisting Hands for services under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator in compliance with the Plan of Care. Full-time and part-time positions available. Average salary range is $12-$15. Required Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma/GED;
- One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred;
- Valid FL Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Auto Insurance Card
- HHA Certification or CNA License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Help)
- Physical Exam
- TB Results
- Alzheimer’s Certificate
- Domestic Violence Certificate
- HIV/AIDS Certificate
- OSHA Certificate
- Medical Errors or Assistance with Medications Certificate
- Dependent Adult Abuse (Elder Abuse)
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a written Plan of Care which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation, and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair, walker or hoyer lift.
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises.
- Measuring intake and output of fluids.
- Measuring and recording vital signs, such as temperature, pulse, respiration, or blood pressure.
- Keeping records of personal health care activities.
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client and reporting to the agency supervisor.
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons to assist the client in the self-administration of medication.
- Opening and closing the medication pill box or tearing the foil of prepackaged medications.
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process. Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand, or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the self-administration of medication.
- Provide companionship and basic emotional or psychological support.
- Abides by the agency’s infection control policies, including proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver Training Manual.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within clients’ residence. Duties may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping, and living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
Assisting Hands of West Orange
Personal CareView all jobs at Assisting Hands of West Orange