OVERNIGHT- We are Hiring for a overnight caregiver Mon-Friday 6pm-8am AND WeekendsMust have Alzheim
Assisting Hands of East Orlando Winter Springs, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
We are a dynamic Home Health Agency looking for caregivers to care for seniors and people with disabilities in their homes with cooking, housekeeping, transportation assistance, personal care and companion care!
Description: This position provides custodial and personal care services to clients that contract with Assisting Hands for services under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator in compliance with the Plan of Care. Please call 407-813-1892 between 10:00am-3:00pm and Friday-407-813-1864-10:00am-3:00pm
Qualifications: One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred.
Reports to: Staffing Coordinator
Required Credentials/Credenciales Requeridos: One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred. YOU MUST HAVE A VALID FL DRIVERS TO WORK/ Must have Level II background check/CPR/TB (PPD)/CEU's Alzheimer's Cert/HIV Cert/Self Medication Cert/Osha Blood Born pathogens. to be hired on the spot. if you have all the qualifications above apply on application link: https://www.assistinghands.com/83/florida/winterpark/careers/
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within client’s residence. Duties may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a written Plan of Care which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the client’s condition.
- Other activities that are determined necessary and trained on for a specific client and are restricted to the following:
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair, walker, or hoyer lift;
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises;
- Teaching household routine and skills to well members of the family;
- Measuring intake and output of fluids;
- Measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration or blood pressure;
- Keeping records of personal health care activities;
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client and reporting to the agency supervisor.
- Medication Reminders
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process. Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand, or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the self-administration of medication;
- Abides by the agency’s infection control policies, including proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver Training Manual.