Description: This position provides custodial and personal care services to specific clients with Memory challenges that contract with Assisting Hands for services under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator in compliance with the Plan of Care.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Qualifications: One (3) year experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred. Experience with dementia care is a plus
Reports to: Staffing Coordinator
Primary Duties: The main purpose of this position will be to provide special care for clients with memory decline. Certifications, experience, and skills developed caring patients with Alzheimer's will be crucial in the selection of the candidate.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment. Duties may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a written Plan of Care which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the client’s condition.
- Other activities that are determined necessary and trained on for a specific client and are restricted to the following:
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair, walker, or hoyer lift;
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises;
- Teaching household routine and skills to well members of the family;
- Measuring intake and output of fluids;
- Measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration or blood pressure;
- Keeping records of personal health care activities;
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client and reporting to the agency supervisor.
- Keeping a record of when a client receives assistance with self-administration of medication.
- Transport the client to point of interest to maintain social stimulation.
- Support the patient in activities that promotes the use of the brain.
The caregiver may also provide the following assistance with self-administered medication, as needed by the client:
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process. Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand, or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the self-administration of medication;
- Abides by the agency’s infection control policies, including proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver Training Manual.
Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 13:00 to 5:00 PM and Sundays from 2:00 to 7:00 PM
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly
* Your HHA or CNA certificate (No older than one year)
* A valid driver’s license or ID
* Your social security card
* TPS or Proof of citizenship or residency
*The following updated in-services/ CEU's: (Included in the HHA Certification)
(Domestic Violence, HIV/AIDS, Assisted Self-Medication, Alzheimer’s, OSHA, HIPAA)
* A physical (no older than 6 months for HHA's)
* An updated CPR card or certificate
* Must have a LEVEL II (AHCA) background screening (no older than 5 years)
* Customer references
Any additional certificate related to Alzheimer's will add points in the selection
Assisting Hands - Boca Delray