Assisted Living by Hillcrest De Pere, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assisted Living by Hillcrest is looking to hire Cooks. We are approximately a 55 bed facility that prides ourselves on offering home style cooking. We are looking to fill a full-time position that requires working a variation of all 3 meals. All positions do require an every other weekend rotation and holiday schedule. As a Cook your job duties will include...
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Prep and prepare ingredients according to the menu.
- Cook and serve meals appropriately.
- Adhere to special diets and dietary restrictions.
- Ensure practices of Standard Precautions are adhered to during the preparation and serving of food.
- Monitor proper temperature settings of the refrigerators and freezers.
- Set place settings for each resident in the dining room, properly clean and sanitize all dishes, flatware, and preparatory equipment immediately after use.
- Clean and sanitize all appliances.
- Perform daily scheduled cleaning duties.
- Maintain high standard of sanitation and safety.
- Vacuum and sweep the dining room.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Assist with deliveries and rotate stock.
- Adhere to all state and local codes.
- A person of integrity who has a desire to provide superior customer service to the elderly.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written format.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively as a team.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Possess good organization skills and demonstrate reliability.
- Must complete all state and federal CBRF requirements within 90 days of hire.
Why should you work for us?
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training package
- Paid time off
- Benefits offered
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
Related keywords: cook, restaurant, food service, hiring immediately
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Employer-supplied hairnets and gloves
- Employer-supplied uniform
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Recording food temperature
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
Assisted Living by HillcrestWhy Work Here?
We provide the care and compassion that you would expect if it was your loved ones that lived here.
Assisted Living By Hillcrest provides a simple community lifestyle that specializes in Alzheimer’s & Dementia care, as well as personalized Assisted Living. Our talented, licensed and certified caregivers provide the highest level of quality care available 24 hours per day. The care our staff provides is second to none, and definitely sets us apart from other facilities. Our commitment is to respect life & celebrate it daily. We go the extra mile to serve our residents, to see them smile & to make them feel loved and cared for. Our staff not only cares for & gets to know the residents, but develops relationships with families as well. We want families to know and trust their loved one is safe and cared for each and every day.
550 Arcadian LnDe Pere, WI