This position is responsible for providing day to day support to the Medication Therapy Management team. Additionally, the position will provide support to various Stars clinical programs within the pharmacy department.
- Use and navigate the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) database in order to schedule the pharmacists for comprehensive medication reviews (CMRs).
- Call members to educate them about the program so they can agree to speak with a pharmacist for CMR.
- Call members to educate on medication Adherence and Statin Use in Diabetes, conduct additional pull through as necessary with provider or pharmacy.
- Log mail items and survey information in the MTM database.
- Attend bi-weekly MTM team meetings.
- Prepare agendas for MTM meetings, take meeting minutes and distribute to team.
- Use UCSW and SourceOne to determine personal representative information and alternate contact information related to scheduling members for comprehensive medication reviews.
- Additionally, support PR and alternate contact information requests from Magellan for Stars interventions.
- Conduct outbound calls to members/providers related to various clinical program initiatives such as adherence to medications. Interface with QM and CM teams to assist in completing Medication Reconciliation Star measure.
- Be able to work effectively as a team member within the pharmacy department and more specifically the medication therapy management team.
- Be able to work independently on multiple tasks
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Experience of at least 3 years in retail pharmacy as a technician
- Basic clinical fundamentals of core disease states and medications
- Understanding of prescription dispensing process
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively within a team. Takes initiative and can problem solve. Good organization and time management, with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Spanish speaking preferred