The Nine at College Park- Maintenance Technician
- Posted: 29 days ago
Founded in 1986, Asset Living is a true third-party property management firm with decades of experience delivering exceptional value to partners across the nation. As a leader in third-party property management, Asset Living is the fourth largest in the country (National Multifamily Housing Council's Top 50) and remains the No. 1 third-party student housing property manager in the U.S. for 11 years in a row (Student Housing Business). With over 36 years of experience, Asset Living's growing portfolio includes a multitude of properties across the country that span the multi-family, single-family home rentals, affordable housing, build-to-rent, active adult, and student housing divisions. Asset Living presently manages a portfolio consisting of approximately 175,000+ units and 125,000+ beds. Asset Living is a family made up of diverse backgrounds, unique ideas, and distinct personalities. Recognized as one of the nation's Best and Brightest Places to Work, professionals join Asset Living because of its reputation as the most trusted partner in real estate, workplace culture, and growth opportunities. Asset Living is a member of The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and is recognized as an Accredited Management Organization (AMO).
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in carrying out the maintenance processes of the property, including corrective, preventative, routine, emergency, and cosmetic maintenance. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for the make-ready process in a manner consistent with the property's operational objectives under the supervision of the Service Supervisor and Community Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Community Maintenance
- Respond to resident/management requests and work orders for community common areas, buildings, and units in a timely manner
- Ensure all repairs and replacements necessary for community common areas and units
- Assist with the scheduling and performance of all maintenance/repair-related turn events
- Assist in the daily clean up pf the exterior of the community, including grounds, breezeways, and all common areas
- Perform swimming pool maintenance and cleaning and maintain accurate, timely chemical logs
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns
- Maintain preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the community while minimizing future repairs
- Responsible for understanding and following Asset key policy
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining the hazard communications program; teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in unit inspections as requested
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring inventory of equipment and supplies as requested
- Maintain accurate records regarding service requests, EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Assist with the general upkeep, maintenance, and cleaning of office, common areas, and model unit
- Report any observed violations of community rules and regulations to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager
- Participate in on-call emergency at community
- Utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities requested by Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager
- Customer & Resident Relations
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
- Ensure consistency in dealing with residents on all matters
- Enforce policies of the community that the immediate supervisor delegates
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
AddressCollege Park, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at Asset Living
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?