Leasing Manager - Houston, TX
Founded in 1986, Asset Living is a true third-party property management firm with decades of experience delivering exceptional value to partners across the nation. As a leader in third-party property management, Asset Living is the fourth largest in the country (National Multifamily Housing Council's Top 50) and remains the No. 1 third-party student housing property manager in the U.S. for 11 years in a row (Student Housing Business). With over 36 years of experience, Asset Living's growing portfolio includes a multitude of properties across the country that span the multi-family, single-family home rentals, affordable housing, build-to-rent, active adult, and student housing divisions. Asset Living presently manages a portfolio consisting of approximately 175,000+ units and 125,000+ beds. Asset Living is a family made up of diverse backgrounds, unique ideas, and distinct personalities. Recognized as one of the nation's Best and Brightest Places to Work, professionals join Asset Living because of its reputation as the most trusted partner in real estate, workplace culture, and growth opportunities. Asset Living is a member of The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and is recognized as an Accredited Management Organization (AMO).
The Leasing Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of leasing and marketing at the property. The Leasing Manager works closely with the Community Manager to set leasing goals and develop a strategic marketing plan for achieving budgeted occupancy. The Leasing Manager is responsible for effectively leading the leasing team and accomplishing effective leasing, marketing, and positive resident relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic Leasing Management
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases, and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Audit all lease files to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Deal with resident complaints, concerns, and requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective residents
- Marketing Management
- Assist in developing the annual marketing plan and marketing budget
- Implement all marketing efforts and outreach, developing campaigns and assisting with design to generate traffic
- Monitor leasing/renewal progress, focusing on areas needing additional support
- Supervise the planning, preparation, and implementation of all leasing and renewal events as approved by the Community Manager
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and competition as well as market conditions; complete weekly market survey report
- Utilize established sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and achieve budgeted occupancy
- Personnel Management
- Assist Community Manager in use of consistent techniques & company directives to screen, hire, train, coach, and develop on-site staff
- Assist Community Manager in ensuring the effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with Asset training benchmarks
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
- Administrative Management
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on a timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Assist with supervision of all business functions related to operations
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment, and supplies economically (i.e., obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers, contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Asset LivingHouston, TX
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.