Specialized Behavioral Personal Attendants
College students in the following studies (Child Development, Special Education, Psychology or Applied Behavior Analysis), Classroom Assistants, DSP Professionals, Behavioral Interventionists and other energetic individuals with experience working with children and/or Adults with challenging behaviors are encouraged to apply!
- Provides specialized behavioral respite services
- Communicate ongoing care results and updates to relevant parties
- Collaborate with clients and families for best care opportunities
- Follows behavior support plan
- Maintaining data via summation notes, and if applicable, any data collection implemented by behavior service agency
- Maintenance of client records in accordance with state/federal/regional center regulations
The main job duty for this position is to work with and implement behavior support plans to assist individuals with behavior challenges (aggressive behavior, refusal behavior, etc.) while at the same time, providing assistance to their circle of support.
This position are NOT allowed to perform any housekeeping duties, medical care such as giving medication or taking pulse check, etc. Some clients may need assistance with toileting or bathing; and staff will be allowed to heat up items in the microwave but not prepare any meals.
- 6 months experience working with persons with development
- Possesses a high school diploma and has completed 30 hours of competency-based training designed by a BCBA or has Associate’s Degree in human, social, or educational services disciple, or degree or certification related to behavior management from accredited community college or educational institution.
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong desire to engage client in age appropriate activities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Current TB Testing
- Background check upon hire
- Valid CA Driver's License and Auto Insurance
- Proof of eligibility to work in United States
Employment Type: Part time
Educational Support for those pursuing RBT & Mental Health fields.
Competitive pay based on level of experience, education and certification
Assessment, Consultation & TreatmentAssessment, Consultation & Treatment is a small, yet growing group of clinicians in the San Gabriel Valley who provide comprehensive behavioral-based services. Our team provides intensive behavioral and skills training services and behavior consultation. Services are provided in homes, the community, schools and residential settings utilizing ABA, Natural Environment Teaching, systematic desensitization and other behavioral methods. Services are provided to children, adolescents, and adults with developmental delays and concerns such as autism and intellectual disability, as well as anxiety, and various neurological disorders. We are committed to providing individualized services tailored to the unique needs of each client and their environments, and to clinical integrity and high ethical standards.