Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Associates, SC (WEMSA) is seeking Emergency Medicine Board Certified/Board Eligible physicians to staff the new Aspirus Free Standing ED in Stevens Point, WI (with some cross coverage and on-boarding completed at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI).
Aspirus Stevens Point Emergency Department (Free Standing)
- New, state of the art facility opened in May 2018
- Estimated 6,500 visits in first year
- 12 hour shifts (rotating day and night)
- 12 shifts per month
- As volume increases, Advanced Practice Providers will be recruited to assist
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Emergency Department
- Level II Trauma Center with all specialties available
- Average of 30,000 - 35,000 visits per year
- Efficient ED working closely with Hospitalists and Specialists
- 18 bed Emergency Room
- 8 or 9 hour shifts
- Advance Practice Provider support
*New physicians will primarily cover the new Stevens Point free standing ED. However, physicians from Aspirus Wausau Hospital and Stevens Point will cross cover as needed (for vacations, illnesses, etc.) Initially, new physicians will work at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in the double coverage shift (1pm - 10pm) until on-boarding is complete, then transition to the Stevens Point location.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital and Aspirus Stevens Point are 30 minutes apart. (Travel between is easily accessible.) Come join an experienced and collaborative group in a new endeavor at Aspirus!