The primary purpose of this position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.Essential Job Functions Duties and ResponsibilitiesPersonal Nursing Functions
- Provide direct resident care and assist residents with in activities of daily living including dressing, eating, grooming, communicating, ambulation, toileting, and personal hygiene.
- Answer resident call lights and bells, determine and address their request.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Responsible for the resident's environment so that it is comfortable and safe.
- Maintain, label, and store personal care items (toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo, etc.)
- Assist residents in preparing and transporting for medical tests (e.g. lab work, xray, therapy, dental, etc.) and activity programs.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
- Weigh and measure residents. Measure and record vitals, I/O (input/output), consumption, pain and other required information.
- Check each resident as required and/or routinely to determine that personal care needs are being met according to the plan of care and the resident's preference.
- Inform the nurse of any changes in the resident's condition (e.g. vitals, reports of pain, etc.) so that appropriate information can be acted upon.
- Complete pertinent clinical documentation according to policy.
- Assist with the care of the dying resident. Provide postmortem care as instructed.
- Attend and participate in in-service training programs to meet state, federal, and company requirements.
- Follow established safety policies and procedures in the performance of all duties.
- Clean, disinfect, and return all resident care equipment to its designated storage area after each use.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties (i.e., clean bed rails, over bed table, night stand, etc., that relate to nursing care procedures).
- Maintain a work environment that is clean and presents a safe and professional image.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.Education and Experience
Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with laws of this state.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Aspire Transitional Care