Aspire Nursing and Rehab of Estherville is hiring a MDS Coordinator to work providing both short term rehabilitation and long-term care.
Sign-on bonus $4,000 LPN and $5,000 RN
All new hires must be COVID-19 Vaccinated or have a medical or religious accommodation before you start.
- The primary purpose of the MDS Nurse position (RN or LPN) is to conduct the completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS), initiate nursing care plans and the transmission of the MDS within regulatory timeframes and requirements.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative Functions
- Manage RAI process and Care Plans according to standards.
- Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, and studies as directed.
Participate in facility surveys and the development of a plan of correction as it relates to deficiencies sited in the resident assessment/care plan areas.
- Schedule resident assessment/care plan meetings and inform appropriate department supervisors accordingly.
- Assist in contacting outside members of the care plan team, including resident's representative/family members regarding participation in care plan meetings.
Assessment and Care Plan Functions
- Conduct or coordinate the interviewing of each resident for the resident's assessment. Ensure that appropriate health professionals are involved in the assessment.
- Evaluate each resident's condition and pertinent medical data to determine any need for special assessment activities or a need to amend the admission assessment.
- Coordinate with the Director of Nursing to inform all assessment team members of the assessment date of newly admitted residents.
- Ensure that all members of the assessment team are aware of the importance of completeness and accuracy in their assessment and that they are aware of penalties, including civil monetary penalties for false certification.
- Coordinate the development of a written plan of care (interim and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Ensure that the care plan includes measurable objectives and timetables to meet the resident's medical, nursing, mental and psychosocial needs.
- Ensure that an initial resident assessment is completed within fourteen days of the resident's admission.
- Ensure that a comprehensive care plan is completed within twenty-one days of the resident's
- Encourage the resident and family members to participate in the development and review of the plan of care.
- Develop the schedule of activities required for the completion of the Resident's assessment process.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and relevant supervisors in ensuring that all personnel providing direct care to the resident are aware of the plan of care and that they refer to the care plan prior to administering daily care.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual MDS and care plan reviews are completed per the schedule in the RAI Manual.
- Ensure that a complete assessment is conducted within fourteen days of a significant change in the resident's condition.
- Coordinate the review and revision of the care plan by the interdisciplinary team (including hospice, if appropriate) after each quarterly review to ensure that the care plan is revised to reflect the change in status.
- Assist the DON and other relevant supervisors in maintaining good rapport and morale between and within departments to ensure a team effort in providing consistent quality care.
Ensure that each portion of the assessment is signed and dated by the person completing that portion of the MDS.
- Sign and date the MDS to certify its completion, RN only.
- Transmits MDS per state and federal regulations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Aspire Nursing and Rehab of EsthervilleEstherville, IA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.