Medical Billing Generalist
Aspire Allergy and Sinus Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aspire Allergy & Sinus Company Overview
Our PATIENTS make us. Our VALUES guide us. Our CULTURE defines us. Our TEAM sets us apart.
Aspire Allergy & Sinus are a group of highly experienced Allergists, surgeons, medical providers, and support teams. By redefining the allergy and sinus care model that is geared toward a better patient experience, we allow our specialists to do what they do best: diagnose and treat patients. We are headquartered in Austin, Texas and have over 50 clinic locations in Texas, Florida, and Colorado and we are still growing! We hope to have you join and grow with us at Aspire Allergy & Sinus family and continue to share our core values: Practicing precision everywhere, Sharing responsibility, Delivering a Memorable Experience and Exemplify Integrity!
Aspire Allergy is seeking a full time Billing Generalist to offer phone and clerical support to the Billing Department in order to allow Billing Specialists to efficiently execute key functions. This position will provide exposure to many functions of the billing department and therefore brings opportunity for advancement. The ideal candidate must have a great attitude, not be afraid of handling inbound phone calls to address patient billing concerns & be a results driven team player able to work in a rapidly growing company. This position will include a high volume of patient interaction via phone at our headquarters in Austin, TX.
Role & Responsibilities
- Answer multi-line phones for the billing department ensuring all in-coming lines are covered at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with patients regarding sensitive financial matters and capture unpaid balances including patient itemized receipt requests.
- Receive and resolve patient billing complaints and questions; initiate adjustments as necessary.
- Make appropriate financial arrangements for payment of patient accounts; Respond to correspondence or telephone calls from patients about accounts.
- Document calls with patients in practice management system.
- Utilize merchant processing vendor to process credit card or check payments & manage payment plans.
- Send receipts when requested by patient.
- Prepare write-off and refund request with appropriate documentation and submits to manager.
- Review appropriate files to identify deceased patients and estates; verifies dollar amounts and files estate to appropriate court in a timely manner.
- Assist AR Specialist with insurance records requests.
- Sort daily mail and interoffice correspondence.
- Sort daily departmental faxes.
- Perform other duties as required
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 1 Half-Day a Week
- Gym Membership Discount
- 401(k) + Generous Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement
- Events & Parties
- Parking Onsite
- Reward Program
... AND MORE!
- At least 2+ years of billing experience within healthcare
- At least 2+ years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma or higher
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent mathematical skills, computer skills, Microsoft applications and word processing programs skills Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented
- Minimum of 40 words per minute
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple abilities
- Ability to work in a results-oriented and fast-paced environment, both individually and as part of a team
Aspire Allergy & Sinus is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law