Student Accounts Manager
Aspen University Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Student Accounts Manager is responsible for supervising a team of Student Account Specialists and ensuring that the team's customer service goals, transaction processing/reconciliation deadlines, and accounts receivable targets are achieved. The manager assists the Director or Executive Director of Student Accounts in the preparation and implementation of department wide goals, procedures, and controls.
- Supervise and support a team of Student Account Specialists, from staff onboarding (hiring/training) to performance assessment and management.
- Manage call and email volume to ensure timely customer service.
- Oversee the student accounting transactional and reconciliation processes.
- Monitor accounts receivables balances and manage outreach efforts.
- Provide and monitor team work assignments to ensure deadlines and service levels are met.
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas.
- Resolve student escalations.
- Complete month/quarter/year end close reconciliations.
- Assist with compiling required reporting for external entities.
- Weekly one-on-ones with team members.
- Monitor phone calls, chats and emails for quality assurance.
- Prepare various reports and jobs including daily cash receipts voucher, monthly reconciliations of various accounts, student and 3rd party billings, refunds, and maintenance of promissory notes and reports.
- Assist in accounting and financial reporting.
- Manage relationships with external collection agencies.
- Provide accountability for the collection of fees and monies due the universities by auditing and reviewing reports.
- Ensure the daily deposit to the university bank account is made in proper time frame: prepare deposit paperwork reflecting the previous day's receipts and transport the receipts to the bank.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (may be in the process of obtaining the degree) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred fields of student include accounting and finance
- 3 years student accounts or financial aid experience
- Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education
- 1-3 years of experience in leadership role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide exceptional customer support services
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with the team, colleagues and students
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Effective communication skills to support interaction with students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proficiency in using administration software
- Proficiency in use Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and email
- Ability to perform business math computations and maintain accurate financial records
- Ability to research, analyze and evaluate service delivery methods and techniques
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Skilled in the preparation of a variety of correspondence
- Ability to plan and organize work and meet schedules and timelines
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with individuals and groups effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure and meet deadlines
- While performing duties of this job, employee is required to sit, stand and walk
- Employee is required to talk and listen via face-to-face, telephone, and email contact
- Employee may have to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or students.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks.
- The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- This job is primarily Monday through Friday.
- Normal office environment with noise levels that are quiet to moderate
- Attendance at conferences and seminars may be required
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required
Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of AU.
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.
EducationView all jobs at Aspen University