The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways - from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Aspen Technology is a global software innovator with over 1,300 employees in more than 20 countries. As the world's leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing, Aspen continues to grow around the world. We have an immediate need for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work in Bedford, MA. This role will be part of the Data Analytics team and responsible to perform analyses and help deliver business insights for major product lines, customer usage, pricing, segmentation and costs.
Provide data-driven support and deliver insight to the company's commercial, finance and product development functions (major product lines, customer usage, pricing, segmentation & costs) through analytics and reporting
- Data collection from multiple data sources like Excel, SQL Server, Salesforce and validation of data for accuracy and format
- Work with product management, marketing, finance and sales operations departments to better understand our installed base and support initiatives that drive adoption of AspenTech's software
- Oversee the operational data marts and cubes to provide the data insights to business stakeholders - monitor the weekly data loads, monitor the data quality and troubleshoot issues
- Develop dashboards using Power BI and embed into Salesforce with coordination from other departments
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-5 years of experiences in business analytics and reporting
- Knowledge of SQL Server databases, T-SQL and one programming language (VBA/Python/C#/C/C++)
- Strong Excel skills are essential; development skills a plus
- Knowledge of VBA to develop reports in Excel by querying Access Database, Salesforce Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services is added advantage
- Willing to learn a range of business or technical specialties based on business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to effectively collaborate and operate in a team environment
AspenTech is thriving, thanks to our relentless focus on innovation and the dedication of our team of world-class experts who speak more than 10 languages and work in 30 different offices worldwide.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
GDPR Privacy Notice:
AspenTech collects a range of personal information during the recruitment process.
This may include the following personal or special categories of personal data:
- recruitment information such as your application form and resume, references, qualifications and membership of any professional bodies and details of any pre-employment assessments;
- your contact details and date of birth;
- your gender;
- your marital status and family details;
- your identification documents including passport and driver's license and information in relation to your immigration status and right to work with us;
- information about your contract of employment (or services) including start and end dates of employment, role and location, working hours, details of promotion, salary (including details of previous remuneration), pension, benefits, and holiday entitlement;
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- any criminal convictions and offences.