Controls Engineer- Web Handling Systems (Automation and Robotics)
Aspect Automation Shoreview, MN
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aspect Automation is looking for an experienced Controls Engineer with Web Handling experience programming of industrial machinery (concept through delivery). Must have five+ years experience, discrete motion control, vision systems, and PLC configuration. Relocation only available for highly experienced candidates. This is a LEAD position and not an entry level or "part of the team" position.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Electrical Design- System Architecture, Component Selection & Sizing, Network Design, and Functional Safety Assessment and Design
· System Programming- PLC-based Motion Control Programming, Tuning and Optimization of Complex Control Loops, State Control and Sequencing, and Machine Vision Integration
· Debug & Testing- Troubleshoot Machine Logical Operation, Optimize Process Performance for Low Waste and High Productivity, Implement Robust Fault Recovery to Minimize Down-Time
· Documentation- Develop Functional and Software Design Specifications, Execute of Test Protocols, Prepare Technical Manuals
· Technical Leadership- Coordinate Activities among Cross-Functional Project Teams, Pro-Actively Participate in Design Reviews and Process Improvement, Effectively Communicate with Customers, Communicate Project Status and Challenges to Management Team, Keep current with New Technology, Engineering Methods, and Standards within Automation Industry
· A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of five years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
· Proficiency in the design of electrical control systems for industrial machinery, including system architecture, power distribution, PLC configuration, network design, and machine safety.
· Extensive experience with Programmable Logic Controller programming on a Rockwell ControlLogix platform.
· Extensive experience with Motion Control programming on a Rockwell Kinetix or similar platform.
· Proficiency in configuring, tuning, and programming servo-based motion control systems.
· Experience with web handing machinery, including tension control, registration, and/or die cutting operations.
· Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical and logical systems in an efficient and accurate manner.
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of concepts of modular programming as defined in ISA S88 and/or PackML.
· Experience with multiple IEC 61131-3 programming languages (Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text, Sequential Function Chart, Instruction List).
· Understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP, and industrial fieldbus architectures such as Ethernet I/P.
· Working knowledge of Machine Vision systems, including Cognex Insight, Keyence, or similar platforms.
· Knowledge GAMP principles and procedures.
Compensation: $90,000 - $115,000, dependent on experience.
Originally the Automation Division of diverse manufacturing organization Remmele Engineering, Aspect became a standalone entity in 2008 and was acquired in 2020 by Burke Porter Group, a multinational corporation comprising more than 40 independent yet connected companies with 1,500+ employees. Aspect offers design, build, and support services for highly specialized custom automated manufacturing equipment, as well as build-to-print and contract manufacturing services, often in conjunction with other BPG companies.
From its facility in Shoreview, Minnesota, Aspect provides a broad array of engineering services to leading manufacturers in a variety of industries worldwide. Our clients are often product and process innovators in such diverse fields as drug delivery, medical devices, in vitro diagnostics, medical energy storage, consumer products, industrial goods, and aerospace.
In addition to comprehensive engineering services and regulatory compliance support, our expertise includes automated assembly, dispensing and filling, web processing, packaging, build-to-print services, and machine replication. We are specialists in process development, proof of principle, and technology integration, including environmental systems, vision, robotics, data and product tracking, ultrasonic welding, part feeding, printing, and coating.
We distinguish ourselves from other custom equipment suppliers through our consultative approach, end-to-end engagement with clients, and by the best-in-class systems, processes, and tools that we bring to every project.
Our goal is always to identify a project’s unique needs, develop an optimal solution, and deliver high-value automation equipment, engineering services, and a broad range of support to help drive our client’s success.
Our ISO-based quality system is just one of the many examples of our diligent and evolving efforts toward that goal.
5910 Rice Creek ParkwayShoreview, MN
ManufacturingView all jobs at Aspect Automation