We specialize in elder care with facilities in Idaho, Oregon, and Colorado. With small, home-like residences and a loving, highly-trained staff, we make your loved one feel right at home while providing the care they need to enhance their quality of life.Job Description
Are you a Caregiver or C.N.A. looking to take the next step in your healthcare career? Are you passionate about caring for the elderly and being a part of an amazing team? If you answered yes to both questions, we would love to talk with you!
We are searching for a caring and compassionate Assistant Administrator in Fort Lupton, Colorado who understands the importance of meeting the needs of residents while helping them maintain a high quality of life. We are looking for a committed individual who has a heart for others and can be a dependable member of the Ashley Manor team!
**This is not a Monday - Friday office position. Assistant Administrators perform all of the duties of a caregiver - assisting residents with personal care (including dressing, mobility, administering medication, personal hygiene, and eating; as well as other tasks in the house including cooking, cleaning, and laundry), as well as administrative tasks.
Assistant Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assist with the operation of the facility as outlined by the Administrator
- Under Administrator direction, provide leadership, training, direction, and development opportunities to staff by participating in hiring, promoting company loyalty and success, setting clear expectations and goals, and following the disciplinary process if necessary
- While acting as the facility Safety Officer, maintain facility, resident and staff safety through the delivery of regular safety education, building inspections, and coordinating facility maintenance and safety needs with maintenance team
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s) including grooming, hygiene, dressing, clothing cleanliness, perineal care, showering or baths, nail care, shaving, eating, ambulating, medications, toileting including incontinence care, daily activities, turning and positioning residents, etc
- Ensure customer satisfaction and effectively handle complaints and concerns from residents, families, staff, and external agencies
- Using therapies and techniques to prevent and improve resident behaviors
- Cooking meals and following a menu for dietary restrictions for residents. Providing water and snacks between meals. Doing dishes and cleaning up after meals
- Housekeeping activities such as making and changing beds, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms, windows, etc.
- Keeping records, charting, medications, and recording resident activities; and accurately completing of reports (census, financial, employee paperwork, etc.) on time
Work Schedule: Varies - Assistant Administrators fill-in for caregiver shifts, as well as maintain facility in administrator's absence - Sunday through Saturday availability required, as well as Days, Evenings, and Overnights
- Comprehensive on-the-job training
- Continuing education opportunities
- Competitive wages based on experience and certifications
- Health, dental, vision, and accident insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
- Automatic wage increases after 90 days of employment
- Get paid daily - be able to withdraw up to 50% of earned wages every day, as needed
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in healthcare field (as a Caregiver, C.N.A., or Med Tech);
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Current and valid first aid and CPR certification (we can help obtain)
- Punctuality and attendance at scheduled shifts
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred
- Certifications in First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and medications required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of state rules, regulations, fire codes and other safety practices
- Knowledge of all residents rights, including the right to be free of restraints and abuse
- Knowledge of purchasing and budgeting procedures, and financial statements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to use office equipment and computer programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and facility issues and records
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.