Ashley HomeStore Montgomery, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Sales Manager is a role model for building and maintaining guest relationships that are the foundation of the Company’s retail sales success. This position will work with the General Manager to develop and lead retail sales associates in the implementation of the Company’s sales approach, perform store operations functions such as opening and closing the store, and maintain compliance with the Company’s policies and operating procedures to ensure the delivery of an exceptional in-store experience for every guest that results in increased store sales, profitability and guest loyalty.
The Sales Manager is responsible for coaching sales technique and sales performance for the retail sales associates (RSA). This position is also responsible for ensuring that all RSAs complete and implement all designated training. The Sales Manager is accountable for assisting in meeting and exceeding guest satisfaction and sales targets, which includes Sales per Guest (SPG), Gross Margin, Mattress sales and other key performance metrics.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
• Base rate of pay plus commission with average earnings between $55,000 and $85,000 or more per year
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Opportunity for advancement
• Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
• Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
• Entry into the President's Club for top sales associates, earning an annual all-inclusive getaway
• Co-lead the store retail sales associates in meeting and exceeding sales goals, Sales per Guest (SPG), Mattress sales and other key performance metrics. Optimize guest conversion and sales tickets by ensuring the deployment of the Company’s sales approach.
• Maintain a visible presence on the sales floor, role modeling the selling process, personally interacting with guests and being in a position to positively impact the sales process and ensure the Company’s brand is properly represented. Resolve guest issues in a professional, helpful manner that strikes the proper balance between guest satisfaction and financial responsibility to the company.
• Participate in developing and implementing sales plans to create a culture of accountability and to ensure a continued focus on sales performance and other goal attainment.
• Ensure compliance with store operating policies and procedures, including advertising and promotions, merchandise layouts, pricing, beginning and end-of day, store appearance, human resources, health, and safety, etc. Maintain operational standards and office administrative routines and processes. • Use staffing-to-traffic methodologies to properly staff and manage the sales floor; prioritize daily responsibilities and tasks.
• Analyze operational and financial reports to determine the store’s results and performance trends and take prompt corrective action to remedy significant variance.
• Create an engaging, positive working environment and strong selling culture; recognize and reward top performers.
• Serve as the Manager on duty.
• Participate in “velocity walks” to assess and respond to category sales performance.
• Maintain high levels of knowledge on all Company products, promotions, and store procedures.
• Assist with employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
• Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
• Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
• Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
• Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
• High School diploma.
• College degree in an aspect of Business is preferred.
• Ability to present an insightful understanding of the company’s Mission Statement, Core Values, Customer Belief System, Differentiators, and Disciplines.
• One year of prior management is preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
. • Exceptional communication and team building skills.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
• High School or better Preferred
• Bachelors or better in Business Administration Skills Required
• Basic Computer Skills
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• MS Office Products
• Interpersonal Skills
• Leadership Skills
2534 Berryhill rd Montgomery Alabama 36117Montgomery, AL
BusinessView all jobs at Ashley HomeStore