Safety & Compliance Specialist
Ashley HomeStore/Furniture & ApplianceMart Stevens Point, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**This is not a remote position and will work out of our Home Office in Stevens Point, WI**
Boston Inc. dba Furniture & ApplianceMart/Ashley Homestore is seeking a Safety & Compliance Specialist to join our Human Resources team!
The Safety & Compliance Specialist will ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety rules and regulations. This individual will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe and damage-free workplace.
As a safety specialist, this individual must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Develop and conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Manage the equipment and machinery inspection process and fix any possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Observe delivery functions and develop ways to improve the damage that is created by moving furniture into a customer's home
- Work with delivery team to develop exercises to help prevent any strains and injuries while moving heavy furniture
- Visit store locations to inspect the facility for any unsafe practices or unsafe areas
- Develop tracking systems to measure safety and damage and watch for trends that need training
- Lead the safety committee and hold monthly meetings
- Report safety issues to the VP of Operations that need to be fixed or new equipment procured
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.
- Proven experience as a safety leader
- Deep understanding of OSHA guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies and training
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- At least 3 years experience in safety leadership role
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
What we offer:
- Employee ownership company stock (ESOP)
- Paid vacation
- Paid birthday holiday
- Generous product discount
- 401K retirement plan
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Long, short term disability insurance
- Fun company activities - involvement in the community!
To apply or learn more about our company, we encourage you to check out our Careers page at: https://www.bostonfam.com/join-our-team.html
Email your resume to: Careers@bostonfam.com
BostonFAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Powered by JazzHR
Ashley HomeStore/Furniture & ApplianceMart
AddressStevens Point, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Ashley HomeStore/Furniture & ApplianceMart