Ashley Addiction Treatment has an immediate need for PRN IOP Counselor for its Intensive Outpatient Services. Serve patients in the Bel Air location. The IOP Counselor provides on-going assessment, crisis intervention, individual, group therapy. Develops and monitors treatment plans, monitors treatment progress, documents interactions and maintains clinical records and other reporting data for customers with substance abuse disorders. Coordinate with internal and external supportive services to deliver needed services to program participants. The Counselor will collaborate with clinical manager, nurse practitioner, licensed practical nurse and psychiatrist regarding treatment. Licensed Graduate level or above is highly preferred, but Master’s level with addictions certification is required.
Weekend Groups are Saturdays 8:45am - 1:00pm. May be needed for evening weekday groups when FT staff are off site. Great opportunity for professionals in private practice seeking a role with flexibility and other perks!
- Demonstrated ability to plan and use effective therapeutic interventions and counseling techniques.
- Solid working knowledge of and demonstrated ability to use current diagnostic criteria
- Knowledge of basic group dynamics and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other health care professionals.
- Ability to communicate and interact both personally and in writing with patients, staff, and community agencies.
- Knowledge of substance abuse forms and treatment strategies.
- Case management, including referral, linkage, monitoring, coordination and advocacy problem-solving skills.
- Provide activities to achieve goals of treatment plans, including: individual, group, and family therapy; group facilitation; and lectures/presentations.
- Conduct crisis intervention; intervene and de-escalate crisis situations with customers; assess risk of harm to self or others and arrange needed resources.
- The Clinical Therapist provides psycho-social assessment at intake.
- Observe customers in a varietaSHy of situations; assess mental status of customers; assist customers in formulating treatment plans and goals; perform case management services and needed to assist customer to meet their goals as stated in their treatment plans
- Refer customers to supportive services such as vocational, medical, social services, housing authority, etc.
- Advocate for participants in different forums including in the court system, with family, school system, etc.
- Maintain close and cooperative relationships with community agencies and other public agencies in carrying out treatment plans.
- Provide screening, intake and assessment of customers utilizing required instruments and assessments within appropriate time lines.
- Facilitate counseling groups and provide individual and family counseling.
- Develop written treatment plans/updates and continuing care plans and make appropriate referrals; maintain electronic health records in accordance with standards.
- Conduct periodic reviews with managed care companies for authorization of treatment.
- Attend staff meetings/clinical supervision and other required meetings.
- Complete written discharge summaries and correspondence within established time lines.
- Counselor must possess a Master's Degree, social work, counseling or other behavioral health discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Must be Licensed or certified in the state of Maryland.
- Minimum Master’s Degree with Graduate Licensure or above from the state of Maryland.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record Database Systems
- Working knowledge of the DSM-V.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to commute within inclement weather conditions, as position is considered “essential personnel”.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, Email, Outlook, and Documentation procedures.\
- Must have reliable transportation.
Ashley Addiction Treatment is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in the integrated, evidence-based treatment of substance use disorders. Our driving principle – everything for recovery because recovery is everything – reinforces our timeless mission to treat each person with dignity and respect.
At Ashley, we understand that addiction isn’t a choice, it’s a disease. Choosing treatment means choosing life. So we use every tool available to help patients overcome alcohol and drug dependency and find their way back to health and happiness.
Our tranquil campus nestled on the Chesapeake Bay offers natural inspiration. And our expert staff implements personalized programs that combine clinical, medical and psychological care to address each patient’s unique needs holistically.
Ashley, Inc. offers highly competitive salary, and a full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Discounts, and many other rewards! Come and join an ambitious and most importantly caring team of professionals