Extended Care Clinical Tech
- $18 to $20 Yearly
Ashley Addiction Treatment Center was founded in 1983 by two visionaries who knew the treatment of drug or alcohol addiction could be designed and effectively delivered in a holistic manner that compassionately considers the whole person and not just the disease. Innovative then, and innovative now, Ashley passionately continues its core mission “To transform and save human lives by integrating the science of medicine, the art of therapy, and the compassion of spirituality.” Organizationally strong, the organization rigorously adheres to its guiding principles, ethics, and a culture of excellence.
The Extended Care Clinical Tech assists the clinical and medical staff with managing the Extended Care patient community. The EC Clinical Tech ensures patient participation in the overall program, adherence to rules and regulations governing participation in the program, and facilitates cohesion and cooperation amongst the patients. The EC Clinical Tech assists in the facilitation of patient programming, including clinical activities, life-skills trainings, and recovery immersion experiences. The EC Clinical Tech provides recovery support services, both individually and in group settings.
New/Transfer Patient Admission and Orientation
• Assists patients in moving luggage, and properly transitioning them in Tier.
• Conducts orientation for patients being admitted to the Extended Care Program and ensures completion of required forms.
• Reviews the expectations for all patients and assists with integration into the Extended Care Program
Reporting and Documentation
• Completes timely Accident/Incident Reports in the proper systems in accordance to Ashley’s policies
• Utilizes the computerized personal effects inventory.
• Completes daily shift entries and case notes as needed.
• Ensures all patients complete the patient satisfaction survey prior to discharge.
Patient Medication Monitoring
• Ensures the safe and secure storage of all medications.
• Monitors patient self-administration of medications.
• Documents administered medications in TIER.
• Identifies and communicates any irregularities in the procedure to EC Tech Manager.
• Maintains house supply of OTC medications, ensuring they are stocked and secured.
Patient Safety and Security
• Maintains high visibility on the grounds for patient safety and for campus security
• Performs scheduled rounds of premises; assuring patients are in assigned buildings after hours, doors and windows are locked, and guards against illegal entry.
• Responds to risk indicators to assure welfare and safety.
• Reports suspicions of abuse or neglect to Mandatory Reporting Group.
• Maintains order in the community by setting and enforces appropriate boundaries with patients.
• Participates in clinical interventions as needed.
• Maintains order for a therapeutic community environment providing for their safety and well-being, through effective de-escalation methods.
• Follows and enforces ball aspects of Ashley visitation policies.
• Ensures patients utilize the computerized visitation and Leave of Absence forms.
• Ensures all visitation and LOAs are approved by EC Tech Manager and Extended Care Counselor.
• Develops and delivers patient education lectures and workshops as needed.
• Supports the patients in development of effective communication skills, conflict resolution skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Supports the development of healthy behavior that is based on choice. Assists patients in identifying and establishing positive support relationships.
• Assists patients with meeting the expectations of ADLs while in the Extended Care Program.
Use of Company Vehicles and the Transport of Patients
• Provides transportation for Extended Care patients to medical appointments, clinical sessions and outside activities.
• Assist with upkeep and appearance of vehicles by performing vehicle checks at the beginning of shift or before first trip.
• Properly reports expenses during a trip/assignment. Compliant with reporting all expenses with appropriate levels of supportive documentation.
Patient Recovery/Wellness Support
• Assists patients with setting goals.
• Contributes to the treatment team.
• Assists patients to identify and build on their strengths and resiliencies. Assists patients in identifying support systems.
In addition to role responsibilities, each staff member of Ashley, Inc. has the following responsibilities as a part of their employment:
• Models and reinforces Ashley’s mission and core values
• Performs other duties on an as-needed basis
• Reinforces Ashley’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Protects the privacy of our patient’s protected health information by maintaining compliance with HIPAA and other relevant Ashley related IT security regulations
• Minimum high school graduate or equivalent required, Associates degree or higher preferred.
• Active CPR Certification required
• Valid Maryland Driver’s License with clean driving record required
• Prior experience in the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction preferred
• Must be pursuing or obtained Recovery Coach and/or Certified Peer Recovery Specialist certification
• Knowledge of mutual support groups (12-step, SMART, Celebrate Recovery, etc.)
• Ability to recognizes risk indicators that may affect the patients’ welfare and safety.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Basic attending skills, including active listening.
• Must be able to speak and write clearly. Basic mathematical skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Able to interpret and convey educational material and treatment objectives so that patients understand content
• Able to promote increased self-awareness and self-regulation in patients through the exploration of their thoughts, feelings, problems, concerns, and fears.
• Ability to recognize crisis and emergency situations and manage them through effective de-escalation
• Maintains current, accurate knowledge of trends and issues related to wellness and recovery.
• Practices a strengths-based approach to recovery/wellness.
• Ability to recognize and maintain professional and personal boundaries
• Ability to establish respectful, trusting relationships with the patients.
• Ability to recognize and use person-centered language.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
☒May need to work untraditional work hours such as weekends, evenings, observed holidays, and nights.
☒This is an essential or critical position which will require reporting to work as defined by the business needs of Ashley, Inc.
Ashley Addiction TreatmentHavre de Grace, MD
HealthcareView All Ashley Addiction Treatment Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.