Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we'd like to meet you and bet you'd like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Managerto join our Ashland LLC Maleic Anhydridebusiness at our Kenova, WV manufacturing site. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the manufacturingfunction. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set plant operating conditions and objectives for the manufacturing supervisors by reviewing plant operating data, laboratory data and sales forecasts to achieve optimum plant operation. This would also include activities such as developing production forecasts, shutdown schedules, reactor catalyst change schedules, monthly production reports and daily instructions.
- Manage human resources activities for Operations Department by conducting supervisor performance appraisals, labor contract administration, hourly and salaried employee interviewing and hiring and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Provide department management necessary to comply with current environmental, health and safety regulations and Ashland policies. This requires a working knowledge of regulations and policies such as RCRA, SARA Title IV, OSHA PSM/RMP and Hazard Communications regulations.
- Manage production department budget by developing annual expense budget forecast, reviewing monthly department chemical, utility and raw material usages and reporting on budget quantity variances.
- Review and evaluate department production quality program to insure continuing improvement in customer service. This includes activities such as developing policies and procedures, reviewing product quality analysis, investigating customer complaints, participating in customer and supplier audits, and providing guidance for production.
- Manage review and updating of operating procedures, including annual certification.
- Lead team that reviews new employee training and determines qualification.
- Responsible for managing inspection and maintenance of railcar fleet.
- IMDG Coordinator.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for safety, productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping in all areas of the plant.
- Maintain a system to reduce inventory variances, with a focus on bulk inventories.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, goal oriented, and a strong team player.
- 10 years of experience, 5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Experience in developing and implementing safety programs.
- Experience in implementing process improvements.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles / Six Sigma.
- Experience with plant automation.
- Experience writing procedures and work instructions.
- Experience in quality control and quality issues.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.