We are seeking a Hotel Operations Manager to join our hardworking team! Our ideal candidate for this position is thorough, organized, flexible, and dedicated to exceptional guest service. This position will act as a resource for all departments of the hotel, and oversee the staff and operations of Front-of-House, Housekeeping and Maintenance departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop in depth understanding of the property management system and POS functionality.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a friendly, helpful, timely and professional manner.
- Act as a model for elevated service for all hotel departments, and support training and resource building for our staff to do so as well.
- To hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline and terminate employees when appropriate, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and overall productivity.
- Coordinate daily arrival/departure preparation, special requests, room assignments and guest amenity/recognition programs.
- Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests and provide Concierge service as needed. Maintain a fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and outdoor activities.
- To diplomatically and effectively handle all guest complaints, referring to the General Manager if necessary.
- To maximize hotel revenue through salesmanship, status control and maintenance of "Yield Management" system, including training with the front desk staff on systems and updates.
- Train staff on all SOPs and Service/Quality standards; and ensure there is understanding and compliance.
- Perform routine administrative tasks, including purchasing; supply and inventory control
- Oversee and prioritize daily work orders and Preventative Maintenance program
- Assist management in determining the necessity and viability of outside contractors, and investigate contractors and submit recommendations for final approval.
- Act as a hotel liason with outside contractors and agencies as designated by the General Manager
- Ensure that hazardous substances are handled, stored and labeled according to state and federal regulations
- Oversee and ensure the condition, operational quality, and maintenance of hotel
- Conduct regular property wide inspections
- Continually monitory Service and Quality Standards as measured by guest correspondence, staff feedback, and any other mystery shopper programs.
- To coach, counsel and assist staff to when needed.
- Complete payroll and timekeeping logs as directed by General Manager.
- To promote and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- To immediately investigate all suspicious and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness, safety and security of work areas and general hotel premises at all times.
- Ensure compliance with local laws & ordinances
- Act as Manager on Duty as designated by the General Manager
- To perform other tasks as directed.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Desired 3 years varied management/supervisory experience in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff to maintain a high level of morale, productivity and professionalism.
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Periodically required to work at a very fast pace, under pressure.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 40 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
- Must be flexible to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
Full-Time Benefits include:
- Vacation Pay
- Bonus potential
- Fuel / gas-mileage