Surgical Services - Registered Nurse FT ***(Eligible for Sign-on Bonus)*** $7,500
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Ashe Memorial Hospital, we are driven by our Mission Statement,
"To meet the needs of the community by delivering patient-centered, high quality health care."
Do people describe you as an extrovert? Is your passion to make a positive difference? How about embracing new ideas? If you answered yes to these questions, join our team of great collegiate HR professionals who enjoy challenges while offering a growth opportunity in rural healthcare in an entry-level professional position.
Plans, prepares, and provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations using the nursing process. Addresses the psycho-social, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Responsible for monitoring patient's physiological status in the immediate post-operative environment. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist; receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum activities. Makes daily nursing judgments and moderate to hard decisions involving interpretation of general policy and procedure. Has some input into budget regarding equipment. inter-relates with other departments personnel on a daily basis. Performs all work with accordance to the mission, visions, and values of Ashe Memorial Hospital (AMH).
As a condition of employment, candidate is required to participate in seasonal flu and COVID-19 Vaccinations
- LPN/RN License in North Carolina
- Current CPR Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS Certification
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Nursing
- Previous experience in OR and PACU preferred
- Primarily Day Shift with on-call rotating schedule
Average Weekly Hours: 40 hrs/wk plus on-call rotating schedule
- Ability to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds, moving, lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Visual and hearing ability for patient care activities
- General indoor conditions, exposure to below 72 degree temperatures
- Repetitive motion: typing and adding
- Sitting for long periods, up to 8 hours
- Noise: light noise to moderate noise
- Fine motor skills
- Visual acuity
- Must be able to respond to the facility within 30 minutes for call purposes
- Because patients need round-the-clock care, working hours include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Nurses spend considerable time walking, bending, stretching and standing;
- Assist in patient transfers, so they must follow proper body mechanics to guard against injury.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary for job requirements.
We are looking for a candidate who works great as a team player with all departments, staff, and future employees with positive representation of Ashe Memorial Hospital. This is your opportunity to make a large difference in a small community!
To apply, please attach a cover letter, and resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
***Benefits apply the 1st of the month following employment, per policy.***
*For full job description and benefits, please contact Human Resources.
Ashe Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decision are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state, and federal regulations will be observed.
Ashe Memorial Hospital
HealthcareView all jobs at Ashe Memorial Hospital