CRT/RRT Respiratory Therapist (PRN)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Ashe Memorial Hospital, we are driven by our Mission Statement,
"To meet the needs of the community by delivering patient-centered, high quality health care."
As a condition of employment, candidate is required to participate in seasonal flu and COVID-19 Vaccinations
Hours: Vary.... With the exception of consistent shifts Mondays 1900 to Tuesday 0700
JOB SUMMARY:To provide high-quality respiratory care to a patient population that consists of neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. The Staff Therapist/Technicians perform all clinical assignments as well as other duties in the department assigned by the director.
- R.T. of C.R.T. with Associates’, Bachelors’ or certificate of completion from an A.M.A. approved Respiratory Care program.
- Minimum 1 year experience in respiratory care
- Must be licensed RT in the state of NC.
- Current CPR(BLS) Certification.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire date
- PALS certification required within 6 months of hire date
- NRP Certification
Continuing Education Requirements:
- A minimum of 12 CEU’s per year, as required to maintain a current NBRC license.
- Additional hours may be required to develop department-specific competencies listed in the job description.
- CLIA analytical/function inservice is required annually
- Departmental Hazardous Communications inservice is required annually.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cardiopulmonary Staff Therapist Standard I Leadership Duties: Works under the guidance of the Department Director, but must be able to perform assigned clinical tasks without direct supervision. .
- Assists director with guidance and training of new staff technicians and therapists.
- Performs arterial puncture and analysis within lab standards and according to policies and procedures for facility, department, Joint Commission and CLIA.
- Offers suggestions in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support provision of the service.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement program.
- Reports low inventory levels to management staff in a timely manner.
- Assumes leadership role in the absence of the Director.
- Suggests or recommends changes to established policies and procedures in order to improve the department.
- Assists with orientation, inservice training, and continuing education of other staff and students when requested.
Cardiopulmonary Staff Therapist Standard II Technical Duties:
- Performs oxygen therapy.
- Performs aerosol/humidity therapy.
- Performs incentive spirometry.
- Performs chest physical therapy.
- Performs bronchodilator therapy.
- Provides mechanical ventilator care.
- Performs CPR and ventilator support.
- Performs intubations and extubations.
- Performs arterial punctures, analysis, resulting into MIS, and interpretation of arterial blood gases.
- Performs calibrations, quality control, and routine maintenance of pulmonary function equipment and blood gas analyzers.
- Provides assessment of respiratory status when requested.
- Completes all documentation required such as charting therapy in the MIS electronic charting system., MIS patient charges, patient education, quality assurance and all other required departmental forms.
- Performs care area stocking when needed.
- Performs cleaning of equipment when required.
- Performs airway care (including trach care).
- Performs VC/NIF on ventilator patients.
- Performs peak flow and spirometry when requested.
- Provides education to patient and family about therapy, procedure and equipment.
- Assures that all duties are performed according to infection control standards established within the policies and procedures.
- Assures that all duties are performed with safety guidelines established within policies and procedures.
- Responsible for delivery of a complete patient care report to the oncoming shift.
- Communicates to the management staff any significant clinical events.
- Maintains confidentiality and rights of all patients, physician and staff.
- Schedules diagnostic procedures when required.
- Assists with bronchoscopy or other special procedures when requested.
- Performs EKGs, holter monitor hookups and overnight oximetry test teaching and down-loards as required.
- Assists with C-sections and infant deliveries.
- Performs blood gas cartridge changes and cartridge validations utilizing appropriate Q.C. materials.
- Performs blood gas instrument validation utilizing PVP materials as scheduled on a rotating basis.
- Performs C.A.P. Survey analysis as scheduled on a rotating basis.
Cardiopulmonary Staff Therapist Standard III Interactive Duties:
- Maintains current knowledge of department policies and procedures to facilitate communications as needed with nursing, administrative and corporate staff.
- Utilizes communication and problem-solving skills in working with a variety of individuals in such a way to promote and maintain a positive professional image of the department. Exercises sound judgement in dealing with all levels of staff, visitors, and managers that deal with the Cardiopulmonary Staff.
- Identifies issues, suggests resolutions and provides independent follow-up.
- Prioritizes activities based on a large volume of work demands in collaboration with the Supervisor.
- Understands the concept of good public relations and adheres to guest relations policy and procedure. .
Cardiopulmonary Staff Therapist Standard IV Professional Growth Duties:
- Supports Company and hospital mission statement and departmental goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates professional conduct through appropriate interpersonal skills when communicating and interacting with patients, visitors and staff.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental requirements in relation to dress code, work schedules, smoking/parking policies and presentation of problems and concerns.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize time evidenced by the ability to complete work on time.
- Adjusts to and manages stressful situations caused by change.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time.
- Adjusts to work schedule as required to meet the needs of the department.
- Adheres to departmental dress code.
- Demonstrates and projects a positive attitude in the work environment and presents problems and grievances to appropriate personnel.
- Completes required orientation as directed by facility
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
- Follows facility and GHR Unusual Occurrence Protocol
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for a candidate who works great as a team player with all departments, staff, and future employees with positive representation of Ashe Memorial Hospital. This is your opportunity to make a large difference in a small community!
To apply, please attach a cover letter, and resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Ashe Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decision are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state, and federal regulations will be observed.
Ashe Memorial Hospital
HealthcareView all jobs at Ashe Memorial Hospital